anulka
anulka  Identity Verified
Finland
Local time: 11:30
German to Polish
+ ...
Dec 1, 2006

Hi everyone,

I have a problem and the case is urgent because I need to have the job done by Monday. And it is big...

I am currently in the middle of software strings localization, using Tag Editor. I managed to succesfully translate a couple of xls files but right now I have been trying to open the next source file to start the translation. Tag Editor freezes every time and if I manage to open it, it shows a different language combination (not the one as shown in Workbe
... See more
Hi everyone,

I have a problem and the case is urgent because I need to have the job done by Monday. And it is big...

I am currently in the middle of software strings localization, using Tag Editor. I managed to succesfully translate a couple of xls files but right now I have been trying to open the next source file to start the translation. Tag Editor freezes every time and if I manage to open it, it shows a different language combination (not the one as shown in Workbench) and does not react when I try to open the segment in order to start translating. I tried to open other source files that I previously translated and it is the same. I only manage to succesfully open the files that I translated already (uncleaned).

I tried reseting my laptop, I tried reinstalling Trados. Nothing seems to work.

Could someone please help me out? Thank you!
Collapse

Clarisa Moraña
Clarisa Moraña  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 03:30
Member (2002)
English to Spanish
+ ...
Reorganize the TM Dec 2, 2006

Try to reorganize the TM. Perhaps it might work. Do you know how to do it?

Workbench > File > Reorganize

Regards

Clarisa

anulka
anulka  Identity Verified
Finland
Local time: 11:30
German to Polish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Solved Dec 2, 2006

Thank you, Clarisa. I solved the problem and the reason was a bit silly. The source language of the source file is US English and the source language of my TM is UK English. It worked before cause the source files had unset source language but apparently my client changed it. I'm not really sure. But I just opened new TM with proper language combination and now it works.

Cheers,
Ania

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Trados 7: Tag Editor dies when I open the source file

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »