"Access Denied" when trying install MemoQ 6.2 (Windows 8)
Thread poster: Daniel Lundberg
Daniel Lundberg
Daniel Lundberg  Identity Verified
Sweden
Local time: 14:06
English to Swedish
May 29, 2013

Hi,

I'm trying to install MemoQ 6.2 on Windows 8 (version 5.0 of MemoQ works fine). After the language selection screen I get the "Access denied" error message. If i try to upgrade it within the program, then I can't run the program, but get the error message "Error CS0016: Could not write to output file" with a lot of info (also with "Access denied" in it).

I've been in contact with Kilgray Support, but they have no clue how to help me. When I google the problem it se
... See more
Hi,

I'm trying to install MemoQ 6.2 on Windows 8 (version 5.0 of MemoQ works fine). After the language selection screen I get the "Access denied" error message. If i try to upgrade it within the program, then I can't run the program, but get the error message "Error CS0016: Could not write to output file" with a lot of info (also with "Access denied" in it).

I've been in contact with Kilgray Support, but they have no clue how to help me. When I google the problem it seems to be a problem with .NET permissions related to temporary files. But my versions of .NET lack any temporary files folders. And I still can't install it (and get the same "Access Denied" message) even when i disable and activate my .NET versions (or disable them completly).

I have tried with uninstalling MemoQ 5.0, and I always run it as admin. I've also tried to disable all anti virus programs.

Do you have any suggestions how to solve this? Or do I perhaps need to downgrade my Windows version to get this new version of MemoQ to work?

[Edited at 2013-05-29 21:47 GMT]
Collapse

Daniel Lundberg
Sweden
English to Swedish
TOPIC STARTER
more info May 29, 2013

This is the full error message I get when I try to open MemoQ if I tried to update it inside the program:

General error.
YPE:
System.InvalidOperationException

Det gick inte att generera en temporär klass (resultat=1). (English: unable to generate a temporary class (result = 1)).
error CS0016: Det gick inte att skriva till utdatafilen c:\Users\Yverc\AppData\Local\Temp\dw3dfqfo.dll: Åtkomst nekad. (English: Error CS0016: Could not writ
... See more
This is the full error message I get when I try to open MemoQ if I tried to update it inside the program:

General error.
YPE:
System.InvalidOperationException

Det gick inte att generera en temporär klass (resultat=1). (English: unable to generate a temporary class (result = 1)).
error CS0016: Det gick inte att skriva till utdatafilen c:\Users\Yverc\AppData\Local\Temp\dw3dfqfo.dll: Åtkomst nekad. (English: Error CS0016: Could not write to output file c:\Users\username\AppData\Local\Temp\dw3dfqfo.dll: Access denied)

SOURCE:
System.Xml

CALL STACK:
vid System.Xml.Serialization.Compiler.Compile(Assembly parent, String ns, XmlSerializerCompilerParameters xmlParameters, Evidence evidence)
vid System.Xml.Serialization.TempAssembly.GenerateAssembly(XmlMapping[] xmlMappings, Type[] types, String defaultNamespace, Evidence evidence,
XmlSerializerCompilerParameters parameters, Assembly assembly, Hashtable assemblies)
vid System.Xml.Serialization.TempAssembly..ctor(XmlMapping[] xmlMappings, Type[] types, String defaultNamespace, String location, Evidence
evidence)
vid System.Xml.Serialization.XmlSerializer.GenerateTempAssembly(XmlMapping xmlMapping, Type type, String defaultNamespace)
vid System.Xml.Serialization.XmlSerializer..ctor(Type type, String defaultNamespace)
vid System.Xml.Serialization.XmlSerializer..ctor(Type type)
vid MemoQ.Common.SerializationHelper.DeserializeXML(Type objType, String filePath)
vid MemoQ.Common.Application.AppPreferences.load()
vid MemoQ.Common.Application.AppPreferences.get_Instance()
vid MemoQ.TranslationMemory.TranslationMemoryManager..ctor()
vid MemoQ.TranslationMemory.TranslationMemoryManager.get_Instance()
vid MemoQ.Application.MemoQApp.InitHeavyResourceManagers()
vid MemoQ.Application.MemoQApp..ctor()
vid MemoQ.Application.MemoQApp.InitGlobalSettings()
Collapse

Inge Luus
Inge Luus  Identity Verified
South Africa
Member (2008)
German to English
+ ...
Also having trouble with Windows 8 May 29, 2013

This is probably of little help to you, but I was also unable to install MemoQ on my Windows 8 computer. It says I have to download some internet server software. Still need to research some more when I have time.

[Edited at 2013-05-29 22:58 GMT]

Michael Beijer
Michael Beijer  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 13:06
Member (2009)
Dutch to English
+ ...
Hi Daniel, May 29, 2013

I have noticed that Win8 is sometimes weird about permissions. Did you try to install it as administrator?

Michael

Daniel Lundberg
Sweden
English to Swedish
TOPIC STARTER
yes May 30, 2013

Michael Beijer wrote:

I have noticed that Win8 is sometimes weird about permissions. Did you try to install it as administrator?

Michael

Yes, as i mentioned in my first post.

Michael Beijer
Michael Beijer  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 13:06
Member (2009)
Dutch to English
+ ...
oops May 30, 2013

Daniel Lundberg wrote:

Michael Beijer wrote:

Michael

Yes, as i mentioned in my first post.

Sorry about that. I wasn't paying attention.

Michael

Daniel Lundberg
Sweden
English to Swedish
TOPIC STARTER
No clue? Jun 3, 2013

So... nobody got any clue at all what the problem might be related to? I'm starting to get desperate and considering bying an older laptop with Windows 7 just to be able to run it..

Daniel Lundberg
Sweden
English to Swedish
TOPIC STARTER
unable to start the permission manager service. Error ID: 1084 Jun 3, 2013

I tried to install it now in with windows rebooted in safe mode. Then it installed but ended with the message "unable to start the permission manager service. Error ID: 1084". I could still start the program. Now when i rebooted in normal mode, I can't open memoQ at all. It gives me a message with "memoQ warning" as title, with the message:

General error.
Objektreferensen har inte angetts till en instans av ett objekt. (translation: Object reference not set to a
... See more
I tried to install it now in with windows rebooted in safe mode. Then it installed but ended with the message "unable to start the permission manager service. Error ID: 1084". I could still start the program. Now when i rebooted in normal mode, I can't open memoQ at all. It gives me a message with "memoQ warning" as title, with the message:

General error.
Objektreferensen har inte angetts till en instans av ett objekt. (translation: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.)

SOURCE:
MemoQ.Common.Legacy

CALL STACK:
vid MemoQ.Common.Application.UserApplicationData.loadUserAppData()
vid MemoQ.Common.Application.UserApplicationData.createInstance()
vid MemoQ.Common.Application.UserApplicationData.get_Instance()
vid MemoQ.MainWindow.Main(String[] args)
Collapse

Bernard Lieber
Bernard Lieber  Identity Verified
English to French
+ ...
Strange Indeed Jun 3, 2013

Hi Daniel,

I've installed a trial version of MemoQ 6.2.17 and Q2013 (6.5.5) under Win 8 64-bit and had no major issues both versions are running fine, maybe you should uninstall 5.0 (making sure it's fully uninstalled) and do a clean install?

I'm running a dual boot system with Win 7/8 - no problem so far.

Bernard

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

"Access Denied" when trying install MemoQ 6.2 (Windows 8)

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »