Inițiatorul discuției: Sol
Sol
Sol  Identity Verified
Statele Unite
Local time: 08:56
din spaniolă în engleză
+ ...
May 7, 2004

Is there a way to select a bunch (almost 400) files in a bunch (over 300) subfolders all at the same time in Trados?

(I know there is a Trados thread but no-one seems to be available to aprove my post).

[Subject edited by staff or moderator 2004-05-08 01:47]

gianfranco
gianfranco  Identity Verified
Brazilia
Local time: 09:56
Membru (2001)
din engleză în italiană
+ ...
This is a possible solution May 7, 2004

Sol wrote:

Is there a way to select a bunch (almost 400) files in a bunch (over 300) subfolders all at the same time in Trados?

(I know there is a Trados thread but no-one seems to be available to aprove my post).

Yes, there is a simple way to obtain what you need.

1. Using the Search feature in Windows, point to the upper folder, and search for all relevant files, for example (*.doc, or *.rtf, or else), include sub-folders in your search
2. Select all files that you need to analyze and drag&drop them inside the Analyze box, in Trados WorkBench
3. Collect the results from the log generated by Trados

bye
Gianfranco

Sol
Sol  Identity Verified
Statele Unite
Local time: 08:56
din spaniolă în engleză
+ ...
INIŢIATORUL SUBIECTULUI
Thank-you May 8, 2004

Thank-you, Gianfranco, that worked just fine

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

TRADOS: Analyzing files in sub-folders

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »