Thread poster: Alexandra Lindqvist
Alexandra Lindqvist
Alexandra Lindqvist
Local time: 01:51
English to Swedish
+ ...
Jul 19, 2011

Dear colleagues,
Today I saw a rather interesting job posting here on proz.com. The subject fields match my specialization. In the posting it says to e-mail to address X and the address to the webpage of the company is also mentioned. But when I clicked link I did not come to any company webpage at all. I then decided to google the company name in order to find the web page and then I found it. I am no wondering if this really is this company posting here on proz.com or not, because they s
... See more
Dear colleagues,
Today I saw a rather interesting job posting here on proz.com. The subject fields match my specialization. In the posting it says to e-mail to address X and the address to the webpage of the company is also mentioned. But when I clicked link I did not come to any company webpage at all. I then decided to google the company name in order to find the web page and then I found it. I am no wondering if this really is this company posting here on proz.com or not, because they should know their own web dress right? I would really like to work with this company however I don’t much feel like wasting my time on contacting a “fake” company. What would you do?
Btw the blue board record looks good
Collapse

Natalie
Natalie  Identity Verified
Poland
Local time: 00:51
Member (2002)
English to Russian
+ ...

SITE LOCALIZER
Hi Alexandra Jul 19, 2011

I have moved the thread to ProZ.com jobs forum as it would be the right place for it.

In such cases the best thing to do is clicking the [Report this job to site staff] link at the bottom of the job and asking the site staff to check. In this particular case, I believe, the problem might be the outdated URL of their website that needs to be updated (the old link saved in jobs template is reposted in further jobs).

HTH,
Natalia

Ana Malovrh
Ana Malovrh  Identity Verified
Slovenia
German to Slovenian
+ ...
not necessarily fake Jul 20, 2011

Hi Alexandra,

it happened to me too once and I contacted the company via their profile on the portal they posted the job on stating that their email address was not valid. They kindly thanked me for it because they mistakenly misspelled the address.

Perhaps the person writing the job proposal is in a hurry or they have more than just one email address and mixed them up.

You can contact them via their Proz.com profile or their email, given on their website,
... See more
Hi Alexandra,

it happened to me too once and I contacted the company via their profile on the portal they posted the job on stating that their email address was not valid. They kindly thanked me for it because they mistakenly misspelled the address.

Perhaps the person writing the job proposal is in a hurry or they have more than just one email address and mixed them up.

You can contact them via their Proz.com profile or their email, given on their website, if they have one.

And of course I also agree with Natalie.
Collapse

Tomás Cano Binder, BA, CT
Tomás Cano Binder, BA, CT  Identity Verified
Spain
Member (2005)
English to Spanish
+ ...
Report to the staff Jul 20, 2011

I'd simply report it to Proz.com staff for them to examine whether this is a legitimate job.

There is no plausible reason why a company would not use their actual domain name and website when posting a job, so my first impression is that the job is a fake one.

Alexandra Lindqvist
Alexandra Lindqvist
Local time: 01:51
English to Swedish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
seems to be ok Jul 20, 2011

Hi all,
Thank you for your replays. Actually it seems that Natalie was right about this. I have contacted the company by e-mail and in their reply I also found the “real” webpage

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

site for agency doesnt correspond with the "actual site"

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »