Thread poster: Eduardo López Herrero
Eduardo López Herrero
Eduardo López Herrero  Identity Verified
Japan
Local time: 18:55
Japanese to Spanish
+ ...
Oct 3, 2011

"If one of the above languages is not your mothertongue, please do not apply for this particular project."

Oh, I can't apply... Most of the above languages are not my mother tongue. Sigh...

Filipa Plant dos Santos
Filipa Plant dos Santos  Identity Verified
Portugal
Local time: 10:55
Portuguese to English
Indeed....... Oct 3, 2011

Took me a while to figure it out, but............ Now I see it - No more work for anyone then!!!!!

Jared Tabor
Jared Tabor
Local time: 06:55
SITE STAFF
Check the contact method Oct 3, 2011

Hi Eduardo,

I see that you are in fact eligible to respond to the job in question, since your native language is one of the target languages listed in the job. Note that the contact method is direct email, though (you should see the address further down on the page under "Contact method"), so you won't see a "Quote" button on this one.

Jared

Emma Goldsmith
Emma Goldsmith  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 11:55
Member (2004)
Spanish to English
Mothertongue... tongue in cheek Oct 3, 2011

Jared, I don't think Eduardo was very worried about his eligibility for the job offer because he posted this as off-topic

neilmac
neilmac
Spain
Local time: 11:55
Spanish to English
+ ...
As a rule Oct 3, 2011

I tend not to reply to any badly drafted ads on proz. It's their loss.

Eduardo López Herrero
Eduardo López Herrero  Identity Verified
Japan
Local time: 18:55
Japanese to Spanish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks, Jared Oct 3, 2011

... and sorry for jesting with a straight face. I'm from Buenos Aires, you know.

Jared wrote:

Hi Eduardo,

I see that you are in fact eligible to respond to the job in question, since your native language is one of the target languages listed in the job. Note that the contact method is direct email, though (you should see the address further down on the page under "Contact method"), so you won't see a "Quote" button on this one.

Jared

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Fernanda Rocha[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Today on ProZ

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »