Pages in topic:   < [1 2 3 4]
Off topic: What's your favorite flavors at ice-cream stores?
Thread poster: Gianni Pastore
Gianni Pastore
Gianni Pastore  Identity Verified
Italy
Local time: 09:03
Member (2007)
English to Italian
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks... Jun 13, 2011

...everyone for being part of this, I really enjoyed the read.

Happy ice-cream you all
G

Christine Andersen
Christine Andersen  Identity Verified
Denmark
Local time: 09:03
Member (2003)
Danish to English
+ ...
Mango with real mangoes... Jun 13, 2011

... brings back memories of the Volga restaurant in Bombay in the 1950s.

This was a rare treat, and if we had been good about the annual jabs for tetanus, typhoid or whatever, my brother and I were taken there afterwards. Sometimes a birthday or special occasion triggered a visit too.

Going into the damp-smelling, plush luxury of an air-conditioned restaurant was a treat in itself. There was, I believe, quite a range of ice creams, but I always had mango. Coming out aga
... See more
... brings back memories of the Volga restaurant in Bombay in the 1950s.

This was a rare treat, and if we had been good about the annual jabs for tetanus, typhoid or whatever, my brother and I were taken there afterwards. Sometimes a birthday or special occasion triggered a visit too.

Going into the damp-smelling, plush luxury of an air-conditioned restaurant was a treat in itself. There was, I believe, quite a range of ice creams, but I always had mango. Coming out again, the heat hit you ... but we were used to it, and there was still the treat of a ride home on a double-decker bus.

My husband supplemented his university grant working at an ice cream factory and is not fond of ice cream - he knows what goes into it! So we don't eat it often.

I had this year's first ice cream in Sweden when the weather was sweltering in the high twenties. They do actually have a summer...
Home-made vanilla, chocolate and lingon (raspberry) - that was quite fantastic too.

A third option is 'Chocolate Young Glass', which my son and I composed in 1997 to celebrate the exhibition of work entered for the Young Glass competition at the museum in town. (Several artists visited us.)
Whisk up half a litre of cream in one bowl and about 3 egg whites, pasteurised of you can get them, in another. Roughly chop 250 grams of after-dinner choc mints and fold them into the cream, then fold in the egg whites and freeze. Stir after a couple of hours and re-freeze. Temper for an hour in the fridge before serving.
Collapse

Pages in topic:   < [1 2 3 4]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Fernanda Rocha[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

What's your favorite flavors at ice-cream stores?

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »