Philippe Claessens
Philippe Claessens  Identity Verified
Belgium
Local time: 19:13
English to Dutch
+ ...
Aug 19, 2023

Hi everyone,

I've been using the (free) DeepL app for quite some time now and really love it.
What I particularly appreciate is the fact that DeepL allows you to click on individual words to see alternative translations, and that when you select any of those alternative translations, DeepL immediately adapts the remainder of the entire text to apply that alternative translation.

I'm essentially looking for a solution that allows me to do what the DeepL app allows
... See more
Hi everyone,

I've been using the (free) DeepL app for quite some time now and really love it.
What I particularly appreciate is the fact that DeepL allows you to click on individual words to see alternative translations, and that when you select any of those alternative translations, DeepL immediately adapts the remainder of the entire text to apply that alternative translation.

I'm essentially looking for a solution that allows me to do what the DeepL app allows me to do (i.e. with the dropdown for alternative translations which, when selected, are automatically applied throughout the text), but (i) without the 5000 character limit; and (ii) ideally preserving the document's layout.

Are you aware of a software that allows me to integrate DeepL MT and offers the functionality I'm looking for?

Many thanks in advance!

Philippe
Collapse

Tom in London
Tom in London
United Kingdom
Local time: 18:13
Member (2008)
Italian to English
CafeTran Aug 19, 2023

I think CafeTran can do it - but you have to pay for Deepl.

Mr. Satan (X)

Philippe Claessens
Philippe Claessens  Identity Verified
Belgium
Local time: 19:13
English to Dutch
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thank you! Aug 21, 2023

I'll check it out, many thanks Tom!

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

DeepL MT for entire documents - dropdown menu alternative translations

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »