Local time: 22:26
Member (2003)
English to Italian
+ ...
Jul 9, 2003

Hi
for this question
http://www.proz.com/kudoz/472440
today I declined the two answers. In general I personally try to avoid declining, and maybe award 1 point, in this case I did it because if I had followed the suggestion, not only I would have not used a good solution, it would have been a mistake.

Anyway, in this case now I have a solution (the editor version for this
... See more
Hi
for this question
http://www.proz.com/kudoz/472440
today I declined the two answers. In general I personally try to avoid declining, and maybe award 1 point, in this case I did it because if I had followed the suggestion, not only I would have not used a good solution, it would have been a mistake.

Anyway, in this case now I have a solution (the editor version for this term) and wished to add it to the glossary while declining the answers. Isn't it possible to do that? The fields related to source and target are only in the pane relating to awarding points. For the moment I just added an Asker note. I don't see any Gloss or Edit gloss button.
For the record, I'm in favour of not closing Kudoz questions when no answer is acceptable (just declining), because even after some months someone could add the right solution, but in this case I have now a solution and could: - add the term to the glossary - maybe even close the question.

Besides, my Kudoz story (magnifier) says (in an eye-cacthing way) that I have three open questions. I guess they are all declined questions, will this number never be reset? Besides, they do not show up (these three 'open' question) with my link to my Kudoz history http://www.proz.com/?sp=k_h_a&eid_s=2718).

Just pointing out something I noticed. Some of this things could be intended.

thank you and regards
Ilde
Collapse

Christine Andersen
Christine Andersen  Identity Verified
Denmark
Local time: 22:26
Member (2003)
Danish to English
+ ...
The correct solution would be a good addition to the glossary Jul 9, 2003

That was really my point.

People answering Kudoz questions may not come up with the ideal answer for a variety of reasons - lack of context, or a new topic where an official answer has not yet 'crystallised' in the target language...

But a solution that came from another source or appeared later would help other searchers if the term appeared again. These things take a long time to filter into dictionaries or generate many hits in the search engines.

Thanks
... See more
That was really my point.

People answering Kudoz questions may not come up with the ideal answer for a variety of reasons - lack of context, or a new topic where an official answer has not yet 'crystallised' in the target language...

But a solution that came from another source or appeared later would help other searchers if the term appeared again. These things take a long time to filter into dictionaries or generate many hits in the search engines.

Thanks to all contributors to Kudoz: I've added several to my private terminology base!

[Edited at 2003-07-09 14:54]
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

glossary entries for declined Kudoz questions

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »