Poll: What is your main time-management style as a translator or interpreter?
Inițiatorul discuției: ProZ.com Staff
ProZ.com Staff
ProZ.com Staff
PERSONAL PROZ.COM
Sep 29

This forum topic is for the discussion of the poll question "What is your main time-management style as a translator or interpreter?".

View the poll results »



 
Maria Teresa Borges de Almeida
Maria Teresa Borges de Almeida  Identity Verified
Portugalia
Local time: 16:33
Membru (2007)
din engleză în portugheză
+ ...
Hybrid Sep 29

First of all, these days, I’d love to have to manage multiple projects at the same time. Some time ago, when that was the norm, I would first of all break large projects down into sections to be completed each day. After that, I would tackle whatever was most urgent.

Angie Garbarino
 
Thayenga
Thayenga  Identity Verified
Germania
Local time: 17:33
Membru (2009)
din engleză în germană
+ ...
Urgency has priority Sep 29

Which ever project is the most urgent one will be completed first. If there is no urgency such as deadlines, I just work on the one that suits me best first, then let the others follow.

 
Geddy Sokolowsky
Geddy Sokolowsky
Brazilia
Local time: 12:33
Membru (Sep 2026)
din engleză în portugheză
+ ...
Order by deadline Sep 29

I try to order my tasks by deadline, which means the most urgent ones come first. I personally prefer to focus on one job at a time so I don't lose my groove, but of course that's not always possible. Sometimes a task with a shorter deadline comes up while I'm still working on a larger one, and it takes priority. Having more than one big project at a given time is a bit scarier, but breaking them down into sections alleviates that, especially when you already have a good idea of how long you can... See more
I try to order my tasks by deadline, which means the most urgent ones come first. I personally prefer to focus on one job at a time so I don't lose my groove, but of course that's not always possible. Sometimes a task with a shorter deadline comes up while I'm still working on a larger one, and it takes priority. Having more than one big project at a given time is a bit scarier, but breaking them down into sections alleviates that, especially when you already have a good idea of how long you can take with each. ▲ Collapse


 


To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderatorii acestui forum
Jared Tabor[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Poll: What is your main time-management style as a translator or interpreter?






TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
LinguaCore
AI Translation at Your Fingertips

The underlying LLM technology of LinguaCore offers AI translations of unprecedented quality. Quick and simple. Add a human linguistic review at the end for expert-level quality at a fraction of the cost and time.

More info »