Poll: How is your experience using the Polls feature on the new ProZ.com Next interface?
Inițiatorul discuției: ProZ.com Staff
ProZ.com Staff
ProZ.com Staff
PERSONAL PROZ.COM
Sep 24

This forum topic is for the discussion of the poll question "How is your experience using the Polls feature on the new ProZ.com Next interface?".

View the poll results »



 
Maria Teresa Borges de Almeida
Maria Teresa Borges de Almeida  Identity Verified
Portugalia
Local time: 18:40
Membru (2007)
din engleză în portugheză
+ ...
I haven't tried it Sep 24

I don't like the new interface...

Jennifer Levey
Maria Laura Curzi
SandraV
Ines Radionovas-Lagoutte, PhD
Philip Lees
Christine Andersen
Michele Fauble
 
Thayenga
Thayenga  Identity Verified
Germania
Local time: 19:40
Membru (2009)
din engleză în germană
+ ...
Haven't tried it yet. Sep 24

Maybe one day I will try it, maybe I won't. On a side note, sometimes improvements don't improve anything.

[Edited at 2026-09-24 15:17 GMT]


SandraV
Ines Radionovas-Lagoutte, PhD
Maria Teresa Borges de Almeida
Maria Laura Curzi
writeaway
Cilian O'Tuama
Philip Lees
 
Cilian O'Tuama
Cilian O'Tuama  Identity Verified
Germania
Local time: 19:40
din germană în engleză
+ ...
Huh? Sep 25

Maria wrote:
I haven't tried it
I don't like the new interface...


But if you haven't tried it, how do you know you don't like it?



 
Cilian O'Tuama
Cilian O'Tuama  Identity Verified
Germania
Local time: 19:40
din germană în engleză
+ ...
“Aktionismus” Sep 25

It doesn’t really have a one-size-fits-all English equivalent, but Thayenga’s “sometimes improvements don't improve anything” sums it up. And it’s often a “Verschlimmbesserung” (“improving” something for the worse).

Announcing and even boasting about (unnecessary) superficial changes and selling them as improvements/ developments.

We’re supposed to think: “Wow, the development team/guy must really be working overtime!”

While other m
... See more
It doesn’t really have a one-size-fits-all English equivalent, but Thayenga’s “sometimes improvements don't improve anything” sums it up. And it’s often a “Verschlimmbesserung” (“improving” something for the worse).

Announcing and even boasting about (unnecessary) superficial changes and selling them as improvements/ developments.

We’re supposed to think: “Wow, the development team/guy must really be working overtime!”

While other much more important site issues are ignored. But we won’t get into them. Another distraction attempt?
▲ Collapse


Daryo
Maria Laura Curzi
 
Philip Lees
Philip Lees  Identity Verified
Grecia
Local time: 20:40
din greacă în engleză
Optimisation Sep 25

I haven't tried "the Polls feature on the new ProZ.com Next interface", but I took a look at "the updated classic version" of the website, which I suppose is the same thing, and I hated it.

I have a feeling that the "Try the updated classic version" link on the home page used to say "Try the new version", but has maybe been changed in response to the lack of interest ("Haven't tried it yet. 71.8%", as I write this).

Anyway, my impression of the "Next/new/updated classic
... See more
I haven't tried "the Polls feature on the new ProZ.com Next interface", but I took a look at "the updated classic version" of the website, which I suppose is the same thing, and I hated it.

I have a feeling that the "Try the updated classic version" link on the home page used to say "Try the new version", but has maybe been changed in response to the lack of interest ("Haven't tried it yet. 71.8%", as I write this).

Anyway, my impression of the "Next/new/updated classic" interface is that it has been optimised for mobile phone users. Doing this usually means that a site ends up looking like crap on a regular PC screen, and doesn't work properly any more.

But we all know that professional translators do most of their work on their phones - right?

I will stick with the non-updated classic version of ProZ until that disappears, and then I will do the same, as far as this site is concerned.
▲ Collapse


Jennifer Levey
Christine Andersen
Alison M
Daryo
Maria Laura Curzi
 
Interesting Sep 25

I've just had a look at it. One thing I like is the Search function: I tried putting in a few dates (2006, 2009, 2013, 2017, or whatever.) and looked at the polls from each year (if you search for "2006", you'll find "Compared to 2006 your workload so far is:", which is presumably from 2007). For each date, I could instantly see how poll results have changed, and how many people have voted each year. The numbers are interesting, though fairly predictable. You can see the same results using the o... See more
I've just had a look at it. One thing I like is the Search function: I tried putting in a few dates (2006, 2009, 2013, 2017, or whatever.) and looked at the polls from each year (if you search for "2006", you'll find "Compared to 2006 your workload so far is:", which is presumably from 2007). For each date, I could instantly see how poll results have changed, and how many people have voted each year. The numbers are interesting, though fairly predictable. You can see the same results using the old interface, but it's far more cumbersome. (By the way, 48% answered "heavier" in the 2006/7 poll, and 1305 people voted. In the 2026 poll - "In 2026 so far, my overall income from language services is..." - 49% answered "Down compared to last year" and 243 people voted).

What I don't like about it is that you now have to be a "member" in order to vote or even just to see the comments section, so I imagine the number of votes will decline much further and the results will become far less meaningful.
▲ Collapse


 


To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderatorii acestui forum
Jared Tabor[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Poll: How is your experience using the Polls feature on the new ProZ.com Next interface?






PerfectIt
Check translations faster for consistency, quality and style guide compliance

PerfectIt helps professional translators deliver error-free documents in Microsoft Word and PowerPoint. It helps improve consistency, ensure quality, and enforce style guides. ProZ members receive a 30% discount off individual purchases of PerfectIt.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »