Poll: How do you handle local holidays when your clients are working?
Inițiatorul discuției: ProZ.com Staff
ProZ.com Staff
ProZ.com Staff
PERSONAL PROZ.COM
Sep 8

This forum topic is for the discussion of the poll question "How do you handle local holidays when your clients are working?".

View the poll results »



 
Maria Teresa Borges de Almeida
Maria Teresa Borges de Almeida  Identity Verified
Portugalia
Local time: 15:13
Membru (2007)
din engleză în portugheză
+ ...
N/A Sep 8

Until now, it has mainly depended on my workload! So, sometimes I do observe local holidays, others I don’t. There are two exceptions: Christmas (famille oblige) and the 1st May (Labour Day in Portugal).

Gregor Trebec
Ines Radionovas-Lagoutte, PhD
 
Thayenga
Thayenga  Identity Verified
Germania
Local time: 16:13
Membru (2009)
din engleză în germană
+ ...
It depends Sep 8

If I happen to be on vacation, I won't work at all. Otherwise I would handle only urgent tasks due to personal plans, e. g. a get-together or other festivities.

Christine Andersen
 
Bora Taşdemir
Bora Taşdemir  Identity Verified
Local time: 17:13
Membru (2012)
din engleză în turcă
+ ...
I have my own holidays... Sep 8

I never go on a vacation on local holidays, I always choose a separate time to go offline to unwind. It's much better, because I dislike any kind of crowded scenarios.

Christine Andersen
Hideki Yoshida
 
Gregor Trebec
Gregor Trebec
Slovenia
Local time: 16:13
din engleză în slovenă
+ ...
Well... Sep 8

You got to do, what you got to do.

 


To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderatorii acestui forum
Jared Tabor[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Poll: How do you handle local holidays when your clients are working?






Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »