Juan Chen  Identity Verified
China
Membru (2008)
din engleză în chineză
+ ...
Jun 1, 2008

Hello, everybody.

I am Virginia from China.

I want to learn Dutch systemetically, but find very few Dutch learning books here.

Could you introduce some books of English to Dutch? So that I can buy them domestically or from abroad.

Regards,

Virginia

Kim Metzger
Kim Metzger  Identity Verified
Mexic
Local time: 11:12
din germană în engleză
Learning Dutch Jun 1, 2008

Hi Virginia - if you have a search engine like Google, just enter "learn Dutch" in the search box (you don't need to use quotation marks) and you'll find plenty of resources. Here's one that looks interesting:

http://www.learndutch.org/

Juan Chen
China
Membru (2008)
din engleză în chineză
+ ...
INIŢIATORUL SUBIECTULUI
Vielen Dank Jun 1, 2008

Die Website scheint nicht schlecht.

Thank you.

S_Angel (X)
S_Angel (X)  Identity Verified
Italia
Local time: 19:12
din germană în italiană
+ ...
My experience Jun 2, 2008

I have recently started studying Dutch on my own and I am using the "Dutch with ease" course from the Assimil series. So far I have done about 20 lessons out of 80 and I can say I am satisfied, although I don't know any other course so I can't really say if there's anything better on the market.

Good luck with your studies!

Aquilone
Aquilone
Local time: 19:12
din olandeză în italiană
+ ...
intertaal Jun 2, 2008

Hallo

have a look at this site, you might find some interesting books.

http://www.intertaal.nl/XPortal/WEBSHOP/ZelfstudiePakketten.aspx

and at the site of intertaal in general

good luck

Juan Chen
China
Membru (2008)
din engleză în chineză
+ ...
INIŢIATORUL SUBIECTULUI
Thank you very much Jun 2, 2008

I will follow your advice.

Spanish Trai (X)
Spanish Trai (X)
Local time: 14:12
spaniolă
A book to start... Jun 2, 2008

Hi Virginia,

I can recommend the book "Dutch for self-study" PRISMA taaltraining. Author: Drs. Hinke van Kampen. For me, this book is a perfect tool to start. It has dialogues from the first unit, audio-Cds, exercices and answer key to evaluate yourself. The explanations are in English, so that you can follow the lessons without problems. I found it in a library in Holland, (Ateneo), but I think you will find it in on-line bookstores too.

Hope it is useful,

... See more
Hi Virginia,

I can recommend the book "Dutch for self-study" PRISMA taaltraining. Author: Drs. Hinke van Kampen. For me, this book is a perfect tool to start. It has dialogues from the first unit, audio-Cds, exercices and answer key to evaluate yourself. The explanations are in English, so that you can follow the lessons without problems. I found it in a library in Holland, (Ateneo), but I think you will find it in on-line bookstores too.

Hope it is useful,

Regards,

Rosana.
Collapse

Orla Ryan
Orla Ryan  Identity Verified
Irlanda
Local time: 18:12
podcast Jun 3, 2008

I'm interested in learning Dutch and I found the Laura Speaks Dutch podcast very good and entertaining.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

About language learning, Dutch

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »