Cécile Kellermayr
Cécile Kellermayr  Identity Verified
Austria
Local time: 10:13
din engleză în germană
+ ...
Apr 8, 2006

Good Morning!

As I experience some problems when working with SDL Trados, I have decided to do my current translation with Trados 6.5.
But today nothing seems to work: I use the TM I always use for this ongoing project (created with Trados 6.5, as well) and every time I get a match, the umlauts are not displayed properly. For ex.: Käufer.

Does anybody know a solution?

Thanks in advance!

Edith Goebel
Edith Goebel  Identity Verified
din germană în daneză
+ ...
Same problem Apr 9, 2006

Hello Cécile,

I had the same problem yesterday and posted a note about it here in this forum:
http://www.proz.com/topic/44746
I think I have solved it now with Ralfs help.

Edith

Cécile Kellermayr
Cécile Kellermayr  Identity Verified
Austria
din engleză în germană
+ ...
INIŢIATORUL SUBIECTULUI
That's it! Apr 9, 2006

So this must have happened when I exported and re-imported this TM to transfer it to my other computer and back. I have now saved the import file correctly - and it works: No more Käufers!

Thanks a lot for your help, Edith

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Umlauts not displayed correctly

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »