Număr de pagini:   < [1 2]
Subtitling English Film in Spanish
Inițiatorul discuției: BJI
BJI
BJI
INIŢIATORUL SUBIECTULUI
Thanks again Apr 5, 2012

Thanks again for your input.

I have cleared the rights to all the publishing and the master rights of the songs but I'm not aware of anything in my agreements that mentions subtitles.

I will check with my legal advisor but continue to transcribe them in the meantime.

One thing's for certain - you guys do a fantastic job. It is taking me ages but I'm 60/93 done now.

BJI
BJI
INIŢIATORUL SUBIECTULUI
THANK YOU EVERYONE Apr 28, 2012

Thanks for your help.

I am delighted to say we got my film subtitled and screened in Madrid in the marvelous Cineteca.

I used Belle Nuit (http://www.belle-nuit.com/subtitler/) software to create my English subtitles (the first time I've subtitled anything). It was very stable and handled my 93 minute HD documentary with ease. I had a total of 1300 cards which I exported as
... See more
Thanks for your help.

I am delighted to say we got my film subtitled and screened in Madrid in the marvelous Cineteca.

I used Belle Nuit (http://www.belle-nuit.com/subtitler/) software to create my English subtitles (the first time I've subtitled anything). It was very stable and handled my 93 minute HD documentary with ease. I had a total of 1300 cards which I exported as TIFF and a Final Cut Pro XML file which was imported and rendered to a low-res version for reference.

This was then sent to Spain with a text, time-coded copy of the subtitles.

Once translated I had some corrections and once completed the rest was easy.

No-one complained about the titles and people laughed appropriately at the correct times!

No doubt I could have got better results by paying a pro but I'd like to thank you all for your help. You have a great community here and I'm grateful that this dilettante was allowed to join for a little while.

All the best!

Jim

[Edited at 2012-04-28 23:22 GMT]
Collapse

Sylvano
Sylvano
Local time: 23:23
din engleză în franceză
Wow... Apr 29, 2012

BJI wrote:
my 93 minute HD documentary (...) I had a total of 1300 cards

That's a lot of subtitles for a 90 minute documentary, especially if you chose not to translate some or all of the song lyrics...

Gabriela Espasandin
Gabriela Espasandin  Identity Verified
Regatul Unit
Local time: 22:23
din italiană în spaniolă
+ ...
In my experience Jan 23, 2013

Hello, I have subtitled documentaries before and I would be glad to show them to you and discuss the process I did to get there. I hope this helps you.

Gabriela

Număr de pagini:   < [1 2]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Subtitling English Film in Spanish

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »