Inițiatorul discuției: Marcus Geibel
Marcus Geibel
Marcus Geibel
Germania
Local time: 01:57
din engleză în germană
Jan 29, 2015

Dear colleagues,

I was wondering wether anybody could help me with the following.

I'm doing a project in Tag Editor 2007, and I have a ttx file English to German that a colleague sent me. I opened my project TM in Workbench, then tried to open the ttx in Tag Editor. While the file opens, a message appears: ""im geöffneten Translation Memory sind andere Sprachen als im Dokument eingestellt" - stating that the language pairs set in the TM and in the ttx do not match and
... See more
Dear colleagues,

I was wondering wether anybody could help me with the following.

I'm doing a project in Tag Editor 2007, and I have a ttx file English to German that a colleague sent me. I opened my project TM in Workbench, then tried to open the ttx in Tag Editor. While the file opens, a message appears: ""im geöffneten Translation Memory sind andere Sprachen als im Dokument eingestellt" - stating that the language pairs set in the TM and in the ttx do not match and that no communication with Workbench will go on.

Is there a way you could tell me how to quickly solve this mismatch and set the ttx to the same language pair as my TM? I cannot reach my colleague for he's off travelling....

Many thanks for any suggestions in advance.

Have a good day
Marcus
Collapse

Vocabulum
Vocabulum
Hello Jan 29, 2015

You want to open your TTX file in Notepad, and then search for sg like this:

O-Encoding="windows-1252" SettingsName="" SettingsPath="" SourceLanguage="EN-US" TargetLanguage="HR" TargetDefaultFont="Arial CE"

You need to edit this file to match the setting to that of the TM. Once done in Notepad, just save the file there.

I hope this helps

Voc

Nelli Chernitska
Nelli Chernitska  Identity Verified
Local time: 02:57
din germană în rusă
+ ...
Suchen nach Datei und editieren Jan 29, 2015

SourceLanguage... in mehreren Stellen

Marcus Geibel
Marcus Geibel
Germania
din engleză în germană
INIŢIATORUL SUBIECTULUI
Thanks! Jan 29, 2015

@ vocabulum:
Hi Voc,
that did the trick, thanks a lot.

@Nelli
I didn't try your's, as Voc's Didi it, but thanks a lot also for willing to help.

@ both: Much appreciated!

Enjoy your day, best
Marcus

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Trados Tag Editor - TM language mismatch - no Workbench communication

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »