Autor vlákna: DGK T-I
DGK T-I
DGK T-I  Identity Verified
Velká Británie
Local time: 21:06
gruzínština -> angličtina
+ ...
May 26, 2003

As others have said, I think the makers of Kudos.Net seem to have done a good job.

But the list of Language pairs it can work with doesn\'t include Georgian & Armenian, and I for one regret this. A little while ago there was discussion in the forums because Kudos questions couldn\'t be asked in the name of these languages, and it was very pleasing to see Proz introduce the facility for Georgian & Armenian Kudos Q.s to be asked \"on the site\".

I would like to make the plea th
... See more
As others have said, I think the makers of Kudos.Net seem to have done a good job.

But the list of Language pairs it can work with doesn\'t include Georgian & Armenian, and I for one regret this. A little while ago there was discussion in the forums because Kudos questions couldn\'t be asked in the name of these languages, and it was very pleasing to see Proz introduce the facility for Georgian & Armenian Kudos Q.s to be asked \"on the site\".

I would like to make the plea that Kudos.Net be modified so that it can \"watch for\" and \"ask\" Kudos Q.s in these languages.

I would very much appreciate this modification to Kudos.Net.

[Edited at 2003-05-27 07:47]
Collapse

Araksia Sarkisian
Araksia Sarkisian  Identity Verified
Polsko
Local time: 22:06
arménština -> polština
+ ...
We support the eventual modification of KudoZ...:)..!!! May 27, 2003

Regarding the mentioned discussion, I would like to add, that I don't see any technical problem for Armenian or Georgian languages to be represented there.
If Askers can ask Q's in Chinese (Mandarin or Cantonese) or Japanese, where the "alphabets" are much more complicated...why the Asker can't put the Q-n in Armenian or Georgian?
The positive reaction of our ProZees from Armenia, Georgia, Poland, Germany and elsewhere gives us a strong hope, that modification is almost on it's way.
... See more
Regarding the mentioned discussion, I would like to add, that I don't see any technical problem for Armenian or Georgian languages to be represented there.
If Askers can ask Q's in Chinese (Mandarin or Cantonese) or Japanese, where the "alphabets" are much more complicated...why the Asker can't put the Q-n in Armenian or Georgian?
The positive reaction of our ProZees from Armenia, Georgia, Poland, Germany and elsewhere gives us a strong hope, that modification is almost on it's way...:)
I'm an optimist, anyway...:)
Collapse

DGK T-I
Velká Británie
+ ...
AUTOR TÉMATU
Another benefit of Kudos.Net, which would particularly benefit Armenian & Georgian kudos users May 29, 2003

Araksia Sarkisian wrote:

Regarding the mentioned discussion......
The positive reaction of our ProZees from Armenia, Georgia, Poland, Germany and elsewhere gives us a strong hope, that modification is almost on it's way...:)
I'm an optimist, anyway...:)

Hello Araksia,

Something else that has been pointed out as one of the good things about using Kudos.Net, is how users can save telephone bills by using it to work on kudos matters off-line.
This would be very helpful for Armenian and Georgian translators working in the caucasus, and it seems a pity that Kudos.Net should not be available for them.

I understand there is always a lot to do, but I can't see that it would be a difficult change to make.

[Edited at 2003-05-30 00:31]

Araksia Sarkisian
Araksia Sarkisian  Identity Verified
Polsko
arménština -> polština
+ ...
Hello, Giuli! Jun 1, 2003

Dr. Giuli Kvrivishvili wrote:
... it seems a pity that Kudos.Net should not be available for them.

It is funny, but my PC refused to operate the KudoZNet application...:)

I'm trying to set the problem now, but the comparison with the situation in our neighbouring countries is very up to date...:)

Hermann Bruns
Hermann Bruns  Identity Verified
angličtina -> němčina
Wait for next release Jun 4, 2003

Hello,

thanks for your suggestion to include new languages in KudoZ.NET. I have put it on the list of new functions for the next version.

However, it is not clear when the next version will be released. This can take several months.

Best regards
Hermann

DGK T-I
Velká Británie
+ ...
AUTOR TÉMATU
Thank you for such good news :-) Jun 6, 2003

Hermann Bruns wrote:

Hello,

thanks for your suggestion to include new languages in KudoZ.NET. I have put it on the list of new functions for the next version.

However, it is not clear when the next version will be released. This can take several months.

Best regards
Hermann

That's very good news indeed.
And it's much appreciated.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderátor/moderátoři tohoto fóra
Jared Tabor[Call to this topic]
Lucia Leszinsky[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Language pairs available in Kudos.Net

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »