Calling Polish Interpreters in the UK:)
Thread poster: Meg1377
Meg1377
Meg1377
United Kingdom
May 17, 2015

Hi guys,

I have been interpreting for Capita for some time now but I would also like to interpret at police stations, however I am not on NRPSI yet... can you please advise whether it is really worth being a member of NRPSI and whether you get a lot of bookings from the police. Do you have be registered with Language Line to be able to work at police stations?

Thanks for reading

Ania Heasley
Ania Heasley  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 14:22
English to Polish
+ ...
Police Interpreting Jun 12, 2015

Where do I start.

Interpreting for the MET Police in Greater London - you need to be on their legendary CAD list. They run recruitment campaigns only every never never
You need to have DPI (previously MET Test)

Interpreting for police in Surrey and Essex - yes, join the Language Line Solutions (LLS) good luck joining them as a f2f police interpreter for the police rather than all-encompassing tel
... See more
Where do I start.

Interpreting for the MET Police in Greater London - you need to be on their legendary CAD list. They run recruitment campaigns only every never never
You need to have DPI (previously MET Test)

Interpreting for police in Surrey and Essex - yes, join the Language Line Solutions (LLS) good luck joining them as a f2f police interpreter for the police rather than all-encompassing telephone interpreter.

Thames Valley Police has their own arrangements with some local agencies. Possibly LLS.

Interpreting for the police in more remote and less regulated areas is apparently easier
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Calling Polish Interpreters in the UK:)

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »