Csaba Ban  Identity Verified
Ungaria
Local time: 18:30
Membru (2002)
din engleză în maghiară
+ ...
Apr 10, 2002

Dear all,

I know there is a DV discussion group on Yahoo, and I also posted my question there, but I wonder if anyone on ProZ could help me out.

I translated a Transit project using DV, with the appropriate SGML filter. Now, when I export the file back into Transit format, the file apparently looks OK (opened in Word with Unicode-7 encoding), but when I want to double check it in Transit 2.7, I receive an error message: File too big.

What\'s more, all th
... See more
Dear all,

I know there is a DV discussion group on Yahoo, and I also posted my question there, but I wonder if anyone on ProZ could help me out.

I translated a Transit project using DV, with the appropriate SGML filter. Now, when I export the file back into Transit format, the file apparently looks OK (opened in Word with Unicode-7 encoding), but when I want to double check it in Transit 2.7, I receive an error message: File too big.

What\'s more, all the codes seem corrupted and all the non-English characters (with diacritical marks) are represented as codes.

In DV, I worked on the file with the extention of the target language, exported it after translation and replaced the original target language file with the exported one.

What am I doing wrong? I seriously hope someone could help me out, otherwise my client will bite off my head. (They specifically asked me to translate in Transit - but in DV it\'s at least twice as

efficient, so I converted the file and translated in DV.)

Thanks for any suggestions,

Csaba Ban

Collapse

Csaba Ban
Csaba Ban  Identity Verified
Ungaria
Membru (2002)
din engleză în maghiară
+ ...
INIŢIATORUL SUBIECTULUI
Resolved Apr 10, 2002

Resolved

Mats Wiman
Mats Wiman  Identity Verified
Suedia
Membru (2000)
din germană în suedeză
+ ...
In Memoriam
You can now delete the question Apr 10, 2002

As an asker you can (Bottom line)

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderatorii acestui forum
Pavel Tsvetkov[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Transit - DV: Exporting problem

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »