Număr de pagini:   < [1 2]
Should I accept a job from unknown client without PO?
Inițiatorul discuției: Yibeltal
Łukasz Gos-Furmankiewicz
Łukasz Gos-Furmankiewicz  Identity Verified
Polonia
Local time: 23:42
din engleză în poloneză
+ ...
Satisfaction of the end client? Apr 19, 2013

Like Rifraf, I'd be concerned about the role of the client's client's confirmation of quality in the process. It can simply be a time-frame but it can also be an implication of the payment being contingent on the end client's satisfaction, which is not an impossible arrangement in contract law. I'd pursue more clarity on the subject (e.g. how long the end client's review can be, how much a deduction, what grounds for rejection, will you get paid if the end client fails to pay).

From
... See more
Like Rifraf, I'd be concerned about the role of the client's client's confirmation of quality in the process. It can simply be a time-frame but it can also be an implication of the payment being contingent on the end client's satisfaction, which is not an impossible arrangement in contract law. I'd pursue more clarity on the subject (e.g. how long the end client's review can be, how much a deduction, what grounds for rejection, will you get paid if the end client fails to pay).

From a consumer point of view and, by extension, any client's point of view, one would prefer not to pay for any goods or services ordered which do not meet one's expectations. Not a 10% discount or a 50/50 split, nothing. Which, of course, means the vendor working without pay, which cannot be accepted. Therefore, yeah, education is needed or rather mutual understanding. We do need to educate our clients to understand that our fees are not optional or contingent on being happy with the translation.

[Edited at 2013-04-19 21:58 GMT]
Collapse

Număr de pagini:   < [1 2]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Should I accept a job from unknown client without PO?

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »