Inițiatorul discuției: Arnaud HERVE
Arnaud HERVE
Arnaud HERVE  Identity Verified
Franţa
Local time: 23:23
din engleză în franceză
+ ...
Feb 10, 2009

I am a bit puzzled by the number of bidding jobs I see at the moment on Proz.com.

To put it simply, it's when an agency doesn't propose an actual translation, but proposes to participate in a bid for a translation that might be won and become a translation job in the traditional sense.

I already did that, but for agencies I already knew and trusted.

I wonder what are the legal and financial conditions of those jobs:

- Do you get p
... See more
I am a bit puzzled by the number of bidding jobs I see at the moment on Proz.com.

To put it simply, it's when an agency doesn't propose an actual translation, but proposes to participate in a bid for a translation that might be won and become a translation job in the traditional sense.

I already did that, but for agencies I already knew and trusted.

I wonder what are the legal and financial conditions of those jobs:

- Do you get paid if the bid is lost?

- Do you get paid full rate?

- Do you know for sure if the bid has been lost or won?

- Do you always get the actual job if the bid has been won?

Just wondering...
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Bidding jobs

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »