Pages in topic:   < [1 2 3]
Which pressing difficulty are you facing as a translator and which solution do you wish you had?
Thread poster: Ngadjie Wekak Fabrice
Daryo
Daryo
United Kingdom
Local time: 15:45
Serbian to English
+ ...
You forgot the summer of 2011? Nov 28, 2022

Dan Lucas wrote:

Michael Newton wrote:
The political situation in the UK aside, things will be very tough for the British this winter and we wish them well.

Really Michael, whatever is being reported in the catastrophist/declinist media, day-to-day life is going on pretty much as normal here in the UK. This isn't some post-apocalyptic movie. Yes, many of us are under more financial pressure and are being careful with energy and costs in general. No, we are not rampaging in violent mobs through burning streets. (Though come to think of it that could have been Portland or Kenosha, both of which I believe are in the US.)

I have read so many (conveniently vague) predictions of disaster in various forms for the UK over the past few years. Guess what? None of them have come to pass. Like everybody else we've been hit by covid, the post covid-supply crunch, and now energy prices. It's a tough time for everybody, but we'll get through this.

I do think we're going to have a significant recession, but that will not be UK-specific.

Regards,
Dan

Yes, media like to make everything look more dramatic than it really is. Yes, UK is still plodding along - wheels haven't fell off (yet?).

Living in London, I certainly wouldn't like that, but are you sure that a repeat of the 2011 summer riots couldn't happen again? Even maybe in some "enhanced" version? Just being realist. BTW a non-UK-specific recession is still a recession, doesn't make it any less painful.

Dan Lucas

Pages in topic:   < [1 2 3]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Which pressing difficulty are you facing as a translator and which solution do you wish you had?

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »