Spamalot
Austria
Local time: 09:38
Member (2009)
German to English
+ ...
Aug 9, 2022

Hello,
I have been doing the following more or less messily with Trados running on my PC and on my laptop: I have copied files to a USB and copied them onto the laptop and then "removed project from list" in Trados on the laptop, closed Trados, restarted and used "open project" to load the latest version from the laptop (which I have updated before then on the PC).
Today, I did this successfully with 1 project but now the second project simply will no update. I have tried to copy an
... See more
Hello,
I have been doing the following more or less messily with Trados running on my PC and on my laptop: I have copied files to a USB and copied them onto the laptop and then "removed project from list" in Trados on the laptop, closed Trados, restarted and used "open project" to load the latest version from the laptop (which I have updated before then on the PC).
Today, I did this successfully with 1 project but now the second project simply will no update. I have tried to copy and rename it, which didn't work either. Usually the process is quite painful and needs to be repeated sometimes, which I have also done but no luck there either. Not sure what to do now. Does anyone know? Thanks!
Collapse

Yossi Rozenman
Yossi Rozenman  Identity Verified
Germany
Member (2006)
English to Hebrew
+ ...
You just have to copy and paste the files in the target language folder Aug 9, 2022

No need to remove from list, close-open etc. Just make sure the project is not open in Studio, and copy and paste the up-to-date SDLXLIFF files from the target language folder on the source computer to the one in the target computer. Then open the the project as usual. Note that the statistics will not be accurate.

HTH

Spamalot
Spamalot
Austria
Member (2009)
German to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks Aug 10, 2022

Thanks for your reply, I will try to do it like you said when I re-migrate at the end of the week. What strikes me though is that I was able to simply copy the full project folder for the other project (Project A) and then re-open the project on the destination PC. I did the same exact thing for Project B and it didn't work.
The wonders of technology. Maybe they should come up with a Trados file migration tool.
Thanks again!

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Loading updated project files not working

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »