Pages in topic:   < [1 2]
Poll: How long did it take you to reach the current Kudoz points amount?
Thread poster: ProZ.com Staff
Christopher Schröder
Christopher Schröder
United Kingdom
Member (2011)
Swedish to English
+ ...
Reforming the rankings Jan 17

Zea_Mays wrote:
to me the number of KudoZ points is less relevant than the answers:accepted answers ratio

I agree.

In Swedish to English, the top two in the all-time rankings retired long ago.

Basing the rankings on a shorter period would also be problematic due to some kind of bug, because the number three for the past three months last contributed in 2011 and the number two for the past 12 months last contributed in 2010.

Average points per answer would be a better measure, at least in theory. One of the top scorers in my pairs in recent times takes a scattergun approach, answering millions of questions and occasionally striking lucky. (Quite why, I don't know, as they are also retired.)

In other pairs it might not work. In French to English, there seems to be no black and white, no right and wrong. Instead, every question seems to get torn apart to the nth degree with eight almost identical answers.

Jeff Whittaker
Jeff Whittaker  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 21:52
Spanish to English
+ ...
I have not participated in KudoZ for the past 12 years and... Jan 18

I have not participated in KudoZ for the past 12 years and I am still on page 5 to 8 of the directory search (before filtering by location), depending on the language pair.

I think back in the early 2000s, it was a lot easier to earn points because there were not as many terms already in the database (hence more posts and "easier" questions) and not as many people responding.

[Edited at 2024-01-18 21:50 GMT]

Zea_Mays

Pages in topic:   < [1 2]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Jared Tabor[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Poll: How long did it take you to reach the current Kudoz points amount?

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »