Peter Motte
Peter Motte  Identity Verified
Belgium
Local time: 21:11
Member (2009)
English to Dutch
+ ...
not getting paid for large jog Nov 7, 2023

It looks as if the company got new management.

Tai Fu
Tai Fu  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 12:11
English to Chinese
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
got the payment Nov 23, 2023

I just got the payment for the job, just a shy under 2000 dollars, as they claim that one file used "machine translation", in which I explained due to the unreasonable deadline and all that I had to machine assist it (means I MT the whole thing, and then go back and edit it to fix any error the MT did, as well as reading it to make sure the target matches the original in meaning). Gave explanations in the past about this and it went in one ear, and out the other (this is in addition to the fact ... See more
I just got the payment for the job, just a shy under 2000 dollars, as they claim that one file used "machine translation", in which I explained due to the unreasonable deadline and all that I had to machine assist it (means I MT the whole thing, and then go back and edit it to fix any error the MT did, as well as reading it to make sure the target matches the original in meaning). Gave explanations in the past about this and it went in one ear, and out the other (this is in addition to the fact that the source document appears to be MT'ed from another language as well, and this is without any editing I might add).

Anyways I need to edit the BB entry to reflect this, but I'm not sure how to do it. I can't actually edit it because they posted a reply, so I'm a little stumped.

Anyways I agree their management seems kinda iffy. Seems their PM change every few months, management change every so often, and company location seems to go from Egypt, to UAE, or how there are different "branches" with exactly the same heading/company logo style.

Right now this is (in addition to The Translation Gate)
Columbus Lang (TTG claims they have no association with Columbus Lang even though it appears site staff determined they are related)
Europe Localize

[Edited at 2023-11-23 01:53 GMT]

[Edited at 2023-11-23 01:55 GMT]
Collapse

Maria G. Grassi, MA AITI
Zea_Mays

Pages in topic:   < [1 2 3]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Not getting paid for large jobs due to very subjective issues

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »