Max Hellwig  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 22:18
Member (2013)
English to German
+ ...
Aug 17, 2015

Hi there!
I just installed DVX2 standard on another computer and had to run it as a trial for a while, since I couldn't access the atril servers. When I wanted to add pairs to the termbase, The fields for attirbutes (number, genus etc.) and context remained blank.
Unfortunately, now that I did activate the copy, that problem persists and I have no idea why or how to do anything about it. Does anyone else?

Yolanda Broad
Yolanda Broad  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 16:18
Member (2000)
French to English
+ ...

Did you also copy your settings to the new machine? Aug 17, 2015

I haven't done so in a long time (I got lazy and stopped keeping my DVX settings in sync between my desktop and my laptop), but I do remember, back when I was being thorough, that I would copy not only my databases but also the up-to-date settings each time I switched between machines. (I do still update the databases when I switch machines.)

Max Hellwig
Max Hellwig  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 22:18
Member (2013)
English to German
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
I did not Aug 17, 2015

Frankly, I'm not entirely sure what you mean. I never personalised the program much, though.
Just checked in the places that might be the settings you are talking about (project->settings and extras->options) and nothing seemed to be linked to the problem.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Pavel Tsvetkov[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Can't add attributes and context to termbase in DVX2

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »