Pages in topic:   < [1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11] >
What is your opinion on XTM Cloud CAT tool?
Thread poster: WolfestoneGroup
XTM Intl
XTM Intl
United Kingdom
Local time: 10:29
Your XTM Cloud Workbench issue Jul 17, 2020

Vickie Dimitriadou wrote:

There is a serious issue with XTM Workbench. It does not allow users who have the role of Reviewer to change segment status in one go!

The menu item "Change Status" is greyed out.

When I have to review a translation consisting of thousands of segments, it is impossible to change segment status to "Completed" all in one go, as I was able to do in Editor. Now, I will have to do it one by one, which is out of the question of course!

My client requires that I change all segments to "Completed" after review is done.

XTM developers should fix this asap. Please!!!

[Edited at 2020-07-16 16:20 GMT]

Hi Vickie,

thank you for your feedback. In Workbench it is possible to change segment status in one go, also when you are a Reviewer.
It is only grayed out if you open Workbench in read-only mode.
Please send an email to [email protected] and outline your issue, our team will be happy to help, they are very responsive.
A screenshot would help us find the problem quicker.

Kind regards,
Sara Basile
---------------------------------------
Product Manager
XTM International Ltd.
www.xtm.cloud

Vickie Dimitriadou

Vickie Dimitriadou
Vickie Dimitriadou
Local time: 12:29
English to Greek
XTM Cloud Workbench Jul 17, 2020

Thank you so much for your prompt and very helpful reply, dear Sara!

I guess I should ask my PMs to change the read-only mode so that I can use the "Change status" feature under the File menu.

At first I thought it was a bug, but after having read the latest XTM manual, I figured out that PMs can define various settings.

Jakov Milicevic
Jakov Milicevic  Identity Verified
Croatia
Local time: 11:29
Member (2010)
Croatian to Italian
+ ...
Awful experience with the XTM Jul 19, 2020

I have been using XTM for few years now and I must admit that it became one of the most terrible tools (even the new versions are not better than old ones) to work with together with Across. Too many issues with the tools: TM and TB which usually are not working at all, connectivity issues, unsaved segments, useless QA, difficult handling of tags. I have no idea why clients are all changing to XTM for their localization projects since there are on the market much better tools which are more user... See more
I have been using XTM for few years now and I must admit that it became one of the most terrible tools (even the new versions are not better than old ones) to work with together with Across. Too many issues with the tools: TM and TB which usually are not working at all, connectivity issues, unsaved segments, useless QA, difficult handling of tags. I have no idea why clients are all changing to XTM for their localization projects since there are on the market much better tools which are more user-friendly and most of all functional. As a senior translator I have proficient knowledge of all tools but this one is really very bad and extremely time consuming. I really apologize to XTM team for my sincere feedback but I really find your tools a major challenge for translators.Collapse

Liudmyla Tavrovska
Miranda Drew
Emily Gilby
Maria Dimitrova
ORSZAGH Technologies Ltd
Roberta Romagnolo
Daniela Bosco

XTM Intl
XTM Intl
United Kingdom
Your experience with XTM Jul 19, 2020

Jakov Milicevic wrote:

I have been using XTM for few years now and I must admit that it became one of the most terrible tools (even the new versions are not better than old ones) to work with together with Across. Too many issues with the tools: TM and TB which usually are not working at all, connectivity issues, unsaved segments, useless QA, difficult handling of tags. I have no idea why clients are all changing to XTM for their localization projects since there are on the market much better tools which are more user-friendly and most of all functional. As a senior translator I have proficient knowledge of all tools but this one is really very bad and extremely time consuming. I really apologize to XTM team for my sincere feedback but I really find your tools a major challenge for translators.

Hi Jakov,

thank you for your feedback and no need to apologise. This is why we are here, to listen to your open and honest feedback and improve our tool accordingly.
I am sorry to hear that your experience with XTM has been challenging so far. I would be interested to know if you have worked already in Workbench or still work in the old editor.
As a linguist, many settings are inheirted by your client, including terminology and translation memories.
Workbench uses the latest best back-end and front-end technologies, connectivity has improved a lot over time. With Workbench now segments are saved in the cache even when the connection gets lost. In this way you can restore your translations once the connection is restored.
As of version 12.3 released back in April (now we are on 12.4), inline tags can be automatically placed in the target segment. If your client is on 12.3 and you use Workbench, make sure to enable this AI-driven feature. You will find your user experience with tags much better. For more information, refer to our knowledge articles:
https://xtm.cloud/knowledge-base/how-to-enable-auto-inserted-inline-tags/
https://xtm.cloud/knowledge-base/how-to-filter-for-segments-with-auto-inserted-inline-tags/

Apart from the interactive integration with Xbench (see https://xtm.cloud/knowledge-base/how-to-perform-qa-in-xbench-2/) we are about to add many more QA checks in our QA module.
The QA profile is also inherited by your client, so make sure to double-check with them what the project QA profile includes. Additional information on our QA can be found in our manual, section "QA profiles".

I would like to thank you again for your feedback. For any issues representing blockers during your work or if you want to submit your suggestions for improvement with practical examples, don't hesitate to reach out to [email protected]. Our experienced team will be happy to assist you.

Have a nice weekend!
Kind regards,

Sara Basile
Product Manager
XTM International Ltd
www.xtm.cloud

Sanja_FR
Sanja_FR
France
Member (2023)
English to French
The horror! The horror! Jul 22, 2020

Hello XTM,

I've read that thread and feel less lonely. For a while I thought post-edition would kill translation. It's still not optimal and lowers prices, but hey, most of the time it's not that bad. But online platforms they're something else. They will be the death of us.

So XTM and anyone who wants to reinvent CAT tools and will fail miserably: please stop with online platforms.

1. Let us work offline and choose our tools, if you knew how translators re
... See more
Hello XTM,

I've read that thread and feel less lonely. For a while I thought post-edition would kill translation. It's still not optimal and lowers prices, but hey, most of the time it's not that bad. But online platforms they're something else. They will be the death of us.

So XTM and anyone who wants to reinvent CAT tools and will fail miserably: please stop with online platforms.

1. Let us work offline and choose our tools, if you knew how translators really worked, you'd knew we don't use only CAT tools but spell checkers, QA tools (and don't tell me that yours are more efficient), so we need to work offline.

2. Build your tools for translators and not PMs, we're using them most it's not fair on us.

3. At least pretend that you care about our productivity. The whole thing is just not fast enough to be usable. Work on the shortcuts. If you create a new tool it has to offer something new than what already exists, and for translators XTM is absolutely pointless.

In short, asking a translator to work on XTM is like asking a graphist to create your logo and brand image but only using Paint and a mouse. You really have no idea of the time and money you make us lose just so you can sell your product. I have no choice but to decline any project on XTM now, it's simply not worth it anymore.
Collapse

Anton Konashenok
Philippe Noth

XTM Intl
XTM Intl
United Kingdom
Your feedback on XTM Workbench Jul 22, 2020

Sanja_FR wrote:

Hello XTM,

1. Let us work offline and choose our tools, if you knew how translators really worked, you'd knew we don't use only CAT tools but spell checkers, QA tools (and don't tell me that yours are more efficient), so we need to work offline.

2. Build your tools for translators and not PMs, we're using them most it's not fair on us.

3. At least pretend that you care about our productivity. The whole thing is just not fast enough to be usable. Work on the shortcuts. If you create a new tool it has to offer something new than what already exists, and for translators XTM is absolutely pointless.

In short, asking a translator to work on XTM is like asking a graphist to create your logo and brand image but only using Paint and a mouse. You really have no idea of the time and money you make us lose just so you can sell your product. I have no choice but to decline any project on XTM now, it's simply not worth it anymore.

Hi Sanja,

thanks for your feedback, I will just address the part related to Workbench.
We respect the fact that translators and reviewers may have their own preferences when it comes to tools.
We try to add values to your user experience and productivity with features like intelligent tag placement (we are the only AI-driven solution on the market and with very high accuracy scores), Visual mode (that you don't have in a CAT tool) just to name a few.
As of the latest 12.4 release it is also possible to customize Workbench, drag and drop tabs in a different places or hide specific windows or options that you don't need.
If all of this is still not useful, which I am sorry to hear, XTM still offers the option to download xlf or TIPP packages and translate offline. Of course this would not give you the benefit of live TMs, in-context translation, etc.
Besides, by still working online, you can perform QA in Xbench and use the interactive links between the two tools.

For more information, I encourage you to have a look at our Knowledge Base at https://xtm.cloud/knowledge-base/, watch our webinars at https://xtm.cloud/webinars/ or create your own learning path at https://xtm.cloud/create-your-path/.

Thank you and kind regards,

Sara Basile
Product Manager
XTM International Ltd.
www.xtm.cloud

Lindsay Cook
Lindsay Cook  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
French to English
+ ...
Slow to use... Jul 24, 2020

Jakov Milicevic wrote:

I have been using XTM for few years now and I must admit that it became one of the most terrible tools (even the new versions are not better than old ones) to work with together with Across. Too many issues with the tools: TM and TB which usually are not working at all, connectivity issues, unsaved segments, useless QA, difficult handling of tags. I have no idea why clients are all changing to XTM for their localization projects since there are on the market much better tools which are more user-friendly and most of all functional. As a senior translator I have proficient knowledge of all tools but this one is really very bad and extremely time consuming. I really apologize to XTM team for my sincere feedback but I really find your tools a major challenge for translators.

This is interesting, I came across this thread when doing some research on some XTM issues I have been having in a recent large project.

The 2 main problems we had were:
1. phases where users were logged out every few minutes. when logging back in again, the user was presented a different segment to the one they had been working on and in a project of 3000 segments, navigating around the project, searching, filtering, loading every set of 300 segments etc. was just really slow!
2. periods where XTM became unresponsive so we had to logout and login again. Same problem as above re the segment the user was presented as well as realising part way through the project that changes that had been made had been lost too.

In general, I found XTM pretty slow in general and almost unusable when searching/QA checking/filtering.

I am regular user of smartcat which I don't usually have connectivity issues with, even on large projects and have also used memsource with no problems so I am confident it isn't an issue at my end. Wondering if this is a widespread issue or just something that was happening to me? anyway, it cost me a lot of time and a late delivery sadly...

Kaspars Melkis
Daniela Bosco

Jean-Christophe Duc
Jean-Christophe Duc  Identity Verified
France
English to French
+ ...
Opening Multiple files Jul 30, 2020

Hi,
I am using XTM for a client.
The new editor is a bit better than the previous but there are three major problems:
- it appears impossible to open multiple files in the editor, like you do with most CAT tools, so when you are faced with 500 files with some edits you end up wasting time finding/opening/editing
- It is sloooowwwww. OK I don't have an OF connection, but it works fine for videos etc. But opening/translating a file takes too much time if you have many to d
... See more
Hi,
The new editor is a bit better than the previous but there are three major problems:
- it appears impossible to open multiple files in the editor, like you do with most CAT tools, so when you are faced with 500 files with some edits you end up wasting time finding/opening/editing
- It is sloooowwwww. OK I don't have an OF connection, but it works fine for videos etc. But opening/translating a file takes too much time if you have many to deal with
- To QA the files you have to download them, which again adds more time, and then you have to enter the changes one by one, in each individual file. This is better than pen and paper, but only just.

Apart from that, it has nothing better or worse than the other products.
Collapse

XTM Intl
XTM Intl
United Kingdom
Your feedback on XTM Workbench Aug 3, 2020

Jean-Christophe Duc wrote:

Hi,
- It is sloooowwwww. OK I don't have an OF connection, but it works fine for videos etc. But opening/translating a file takes too much time if you have many to deal with
- To QA the files you have to download them, which again adds more time, and then you have to enter the changes one by one, in each individual file. This is better than pen and paper, but only just.

Apart from that, it has nothing better or worse than the other products.

Dear Jean-Christophe,

thank you very much for your feedback. You are mentioning some of the points that are going to be addressed in our next releases, so I suggest you stay tuned and follow our release notes (https://xtm.cloud/release-notes/).
As for QA, this is also going to be improved a lot in our next releases, but I just wanted to stress that you can perform QA also online in XTM, either by using the integrated QA function in Workbench (in this case the QA profile used by your client will apply) or by using the interactive Xbench integration (as of XTM v12.3 and above). This makes the user experience in XTM and Xbench much better: https://xtm.cloud/knowledge-base/how-to-perform-qa-in-xbench-2/

Again, thank you for your feedback!

Kind regards,
Sara Basile
Product Manager
XTM International Ltd.
www.xtm.cloud

Shingo Tokin
Shingo Tokin
Japan
Local time: 19:29
Member (2019)
English to Japanese
+ ...
Asking for improvement Aug 18, 2020

Hi,

I have been using online XTM and found out there are so much that need to be fixed. I hope I am not the only one facing these difficulties, and XTM support team could address these issues ASAP. Here are the issues I have found out so far:

1. When I use “F+Ctrl” function to search, and copy some part of sentences to search and paste it in the search window, the single space between words are automatically deleted and all words are combined into one segment.
... See more
Hi,

I have been using online XTM and found out there are so much that need to be fixed. I hope I am not the only one facing these difficulties, and XTM support team could address these issues ASAP. Here are the issues I have found out so far:

1. When I use “F+Ctrl” function to search, and copy some part of sentences to search and paste it in the search window, the single space between words are automatically deleted and all words are combined into one segment.

2. When I copy the source into target using “Alt+Insert” function and press “Enter” to go to the next segment, the target segment which I just copied the source becomes blank.

3. Glossary sometimes is not shown correctly even for the same words. (For example, in one segment, the glossary word like “Program” is shown in the glossary window, and in another segment, it is not shown in the window.)

4. Sometime a tag is duplicated in the source segment.

5. Sometimes tag that is not in the source segment is automatically inserted in the translation segment.

6. There are some segments except for ICE (those 100% or less matches) that have been confirmed before I start working on it.

7. Frequently, the system suddenly stops working, and I cannot go anywhere, and I am forced to renew the page.

8. When I choose “100% and ICE” as "Excluded" using the filter, the XTM should show all the segments excluding “100% and ICE” only, but sometimes some fuzzy is also excluded.

9. “M” mark is shown in the segment meaning there is fuzzy match, but it does not show in the “Matches” field below.

10. I translated one segment in task A in Project B, and then go to task C in the same Project B to translate the same segment, but it does not leverage what I have translated in task A. Sometimes, it even does not show that there is a match (even though I can find it in the TM if I search it, but without the match percentage)

11. Even 99% or less matches have already been confirmed before I start working on it.

12. In case where I translate one segment (say it is segment #10), proceed to another segment, go back to #10 to make some revision, and I reach the reps of #10, the reps leverages the translation of #10 segment without the revision that I made. (The revision has not been reflected.)

In addition, I would like to ask you to make XTM having the functions as follows to improve the usability:

13. When there are so many segments, not all segments are shown at once. I hope there would be an option that shows all the segments at once without need of click.

14. If I revise ICE, the status changes, and I am not sure which was originally ICE. So I hope you know which one is ICE even after I make a revision to it.

15. When I want to move from one segment to another, I click the target segment (translation side), and every time I do so, the cursor is automatically placed at the top or end depending on the setting regardless I click at the middle of the translation segment. The option to place the cursor where I place it would be appreciated.

16. More speed would be appreciated.

17. The source shows if any term is registered in the glossary, but it does not allow me to insert the translation directly from the source into the translation space.

18. The filtering function that allows me to filter 100% and ICE separately would be appreciated.

19. TM does not show the match percentage. It would better to know the percentage and where the different part is.

20. If I move to the segment that has matches, it would be better that the "Match" window automatically opens.

21. Now I cannot use numpad to use the shortcut to insert tags. I hope numpad could be used for shortcut.

22. For search function, now you can only specify "source" or "target", but having "both" option would be great for the ease of search.

23. For search function, it would be helpful if you make it possible to search across all the tasks in the same project.

24. Even if there is a match, it shows "Fuzzy repeat - matched with segment from another file" and does not show the actual translation even though I know that I have translated it in another file.

25. The shortcut of "insert source" would be appreciated.

26. Maintenance is performed too often, and sometimes it is without notice.

Best regards,
Shingo Tokin

[Edited at 2020-08-18 12:33 GMT]
Collapse

Miranda Drew
Conor Murphy

XTM Intl
XTM Intl
United Kingdom
Your feedback on XTM Workbench Aug 18, 2020

Shingo Tokin wrote:

In addition, I would like to ask you to make XTM having the functions as follows to improve the usability:

13. When there are so many segments, not all segments are shown at once. I hope there would be an option that shows all the segments at once without need of click.

14. If I revise ICE, the status changes, and I am not sure which was originally ICE. So I hope you know which one is ICE even after I make a revision to it.

15. When I want to move from one segment to another, I click the target segment (translation side), and every time I do so, the cursor is automatically placed at the top or end depending on the setting regardless I click at the middle of the translation segment. The option to place the cursor where I place it would be appreciated.

16. More speed would be appreciated.

17. The source shows if any term is registered in the glossary, but it does not allow me to insert the translation directly from the source into the translation space.

18. The filtering function that allows me to filter 100% and ICE separately would be appreciated.

19. TM does not show the match percentage. It would better to know the percentage and where the different part is.

20. If I move to the segment that has matches, it would be better that the "Match" window automatically opens.

21. Now I cannot use numpad to use the shortcut to insert tags. I hope numpad could be used for shortcut.

22. For search function, now you can only specify "source" or "target", but having "both" option would be great for the ease of search.

23. For search function, it would be helpful if you make it possible to search across all the tasks in the same project.

24. Even if there is a match, it shows "Fuzzy repeat - matched with segment from another file" and does not show the actual translation even though I know that I have translated it in another file.

25. The shortcut of "insert source" would be appreciated.

26. Maintenance is performed too often, and sometimes it is without notice.

Best regards,
Shingo Tokin

[Edited at 2020-08-18 12:33 GMT]

Dear Shingo-san,

thank you for taking the time to provide this extensive feedback on XTM Workbench.

I am the Product Manager and would like to get back to you on a couple of points.

- Most of the issues from 1 to 12 are not expected behavior, so I would encourage you to log a support ticket at [email protected], our team is very responsive and will be happy to assist you.
6. may depend on the TM settings defined by your client (sometimes ICE and 100%, approved or not approved, may be automatically confirmed and locked before you get the task)
8. it could be that some fuzzy have become 100% or ICE in the meantime during translation, hence they would be locked. If this is not the case, this would be a case for our support team.
12. please check if you enabled the automatic propagation of repetitions (in Workbench > Settings > General > Update repeated segments).

As for your feedback regarding potential enhancements, this is well received and I really appreciate your input. Some things should already be possible though or are going to be possible very soon, and I would provide more details now as follows:

13. I think that this may help you: in Workbench > Settings > General > Scroll the XTM Workbench window automatically choose 'When using keyboard shortcuts to navigate'. In the settings, you can also control how many segments should be showed in one window.
14. Your modifications don't affect the original match %. FYI, in your metrics and statistics you can check how many changes you have made based on the TM leverage category
17. If you mean adding the term translation directly from the Terminology tab, you can set a shortcut for this in the Shortcuts section under Settings. Or if you mean adding a term suggestion, if you have the correct Terminology access rights, you can also do it.
18. This is already possible in the Filter section under Match > Specific match types. Did you know that you can also save your filters as favorite, so you can find them quicker and apply them directly from the Filter button? Check this article https://xtm.cloud/knowledge-base/how-to-set-combined-filters-as-a-favorite-in-xtm-workbench/
19. We don't show it because there may be different matches for that segment. Once you confirm a match, the segment status will display the percentage.
20. You can drag and drop each tab of the docked panel to a different place now, so I suggest you to undock the Match tab and place it separately somewhere else so that it is always open (works if your client is on version 12.4)
22. it is already possible to perform a search across all project files if they are assigned to you. Open the Options in the Find & Replace window
24 sounds like something to check with Support
25. There is a shortcut for inserting the source segment, the source TM match and the source Term already
26. I appreciate your feedback. Our maintenance is carefully planned and necessary to make sure you use the most up to date functionalities. We inform the user at least 2 days in advance, maintenance happens always during the weekend and just for a couple of hours.

In general, I would encourage you to sign up for our Ondemand page (https://xtm.cloud/ondemand/) and have a look at our webinars on Workbench. More webinars will come up very soon. Our Academy at https://xtm.cloud/academy/ also provides additional documentation and help.

I hope this is helpful - thank you again for your feedback!

Best regards,

Sara Basile
Product Manager
XTM International Ltd
www.xtm.cloud

Shingo Tokin
Shingo Tokin
Japan
Local time: 19:29
Member (2019)
English to Japanese
+ ...
Re: Your feedback on XTM Workbench Aug 19, 2020

Hi Sara-san,

Thank you very much for your prompt answers.

I will surely follow your advice and log a support ticket at [email protected] as well as refer to webinars as necessary.

Just to clarify some points:

6. may depend on the TM settings defined by your client (sometimes ICE and 100%, approved or not approved, may be automatically confirmed and locked before you get the task)
-> I
... See more
Hi Sara-san,

Thank you very much for your prompt answers.

I will surely follow your advice and log a support ticket at [email protected] as well as refer to webinars as necessary.

Just to clarify some points:

-> I will check with the client.

8. it could be that some fuzzy have become 100% or ICE in the meantime during translation, hence they would be locked. If this is not the case, this would be a case for our support team.
-> I will carefully see if this is the case or not in the future projects.

12. please check if you enabled the automatic propagation of repetitions (in Workbench > Settings > General > Update repeated segments).
-> Yes, I enabled the function. I did not mean that it does not leverage at all, but I meant that it leverages my first translation (before revision) and does not leverage the second translation (after revision). I think this should go to support team too.

And I appreciate you gave me all the details regarding my requests for enhancements.

13. I think that this may help you: in Workbench > Settings > General > Scroll the XTM Workbench window automatically choose 'When using keyboard shortcuts to navigate'. In the settings, you can also control how many segments should be showed in one window.
-> I set the maximum (300), and it is not enough, as there would be more depending on the task. I will try "When using keyboard shortcuts to navigate" in the future.

14. Your modifications don't affect the original match %. FYI, in your metrics and statistics you can check how many changes you have made based on the TM leverage category
-> On the right side of the screen, if you make a change to ICE, it just says "M". I would not know if it was originally ICE or not by looking at it.

17. If you mean adding the term translation directly from the Terminology tab, you can set a shortcut for this in the Shortcuts section under Settings. Or if you mean adding a term suggestion, if you have the correct Terminology access rights, you can also do it.
-> I mean neither. I mean that if you hover your mouse over the term in the source segment, it shows the translation which is registered in the glossary, but if you would like to insert the translation, then you have to go to the Terminology tab and insert it. It is bothersome somehow, and I hope I could choose "insert" the translation from where the "source" (not Terminology tab) shows the translation. (If you insert the source term to translation as is, and you hover your mouse over the term in the "translation" segment, then it shows translation AND "insert" option at the same time. I am hoping that insert option is available in the source as well.)

18. This is already possible in the Filter section under Match > Specific match types. Did you know that you can also save your filters as favorite, so you can find them quicker and apply them directly from the Filter button? Check this article https://xtm.cloud/knowledge-base/how-to-set-combined-filters-as-a-favorite-in-xtm-workbench/
-> To me, it shows only "100% leveraged or ICE matches", not 100% only or ICE only. Is there any other options for other users?

19. We don't show it because there may be different matches for that segment. Once you confirm a match, the segment status will display the percentage.
-> "We don't show it because there may be different matches for that segment." This is the reason I would like to know the percentage because if I know this, I know how much differences the leveraged translation has.

20. You can drag and drop each tab of the docked panel to a different place now, so I suggest you to undock the Match tab and place it separately somewhere else so that it is always open (works if your client is on version 12.4)
-> That I notice, but if I do so, then Terminology tab will be hidden. I think three panes are great to have.

22. it is already possible to perform a search across all project files if they are assigned to you. Open the Options in the Find & Replace window
-> It is not possible for me. Could this be different by users?

24 sounds like something to check with Support
-> Okay.

25. There is a shortcut for inserting the source segment, the source TM match and the source Term already
-> My words are not enough. I know that there is Alt+Insert shortcut, but I actually wanted to mean that I would like to change it to Ctrl+Insert, and so I would like to have an option to choose the shortcut.

26. I appreciate your feedback. Our maintenance is carefully planned and necessary to make sure you use the most up to date functionalities. We inform the user at least 2 days in advance, maintenance happens always during the weekend and just for a couple of hours.
-> I know it cannot be helped but for me as a Japanese translator, the couple of hours you mentioned are often when I would like to work (daytime). I know the time difference and time cannot be changed, but hoping less maintenance at least. And right now, I am experiencing the maintenance without prior notice. (I had it yesterday too.)

Thank you.

Best regards,
Shingo Tokin

[Edited at 2020-08-19 13:21 GMT]
Collapse

Sanja_FR
Sanja_FR
France
Member (2023)
English to French
Still no Aug 25, 2020

XTM Intl wrote:

Hi Sanja,

thanks for your feedback, I will just address the part related to Workbench.
We respect the fact that translators and reviewers may have their own preferences when it comes to tools.
We try to add values to your user experience and productivity with features like intelligent tag placement (we are the only AI-driven solution on the market and with very high accuracy scores), Visual mode (that you don't have in a CAT tool) just to name a few.

I gave another chance to XTM, and was disappointed once again. I'm sorry but this is not enough. The only relevant parameters for translators is: does it save or lose time? XTM is simply too slow. The user interface is not friendly, there are too many versions, everything takes forever. You can't expect translators to work only on XTM, as nobody in their right mind will actively want to use it. We don't have a choice. So no, I'm not going to take the time to learn all the menus and processes, they should be obvious and user-friendly.

I'll use XTM again when I can download/upload the file+tm in like 4 clicks and that's all. (Come on, did no one simply imagine that not everyone can work online all the time???) Until then, I won't be using XTM again. Every project on XTM makes me lose time+money and I think you can easily imagine why this is the last thing I want these days.

Miranda Drew
Anton Konashenok
Daniela Bosco
i-Translator

Miranda Drew
Miranda Drew  Identity Verified
Italy
Member (2009)
Italian to English
I agree it causes me to waste sooo much time Aug 25, 2020

One of my main clients has switched to XTM, and I cannot believe how many basic features it lacks. I cannot believe that it doesn't automatically insert numbers into the target segments - I have to copy and paste or retype!

Lynne Hempton
NickyO
Daniela Bosco
i-Translator

Lynne Hempton
Lynne Hempton  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Italian to English
+ ...
Huge barrier to productivity Sep 1, 2020

Like many people on this thread, one of my major clients has recently transferred all projects to XTM.
Having translated a number of projects on the platform I have been consistently disappointed and frustrated at the slow speed, non-intuitive commands, lack of functionality and features, and general simplicity of the software.
I have taken the decision to inform my clients that I will no longer accept projects on XTM. While I am loathe to lose clients in the current climate, I don't
... See more
Like many people on this thread, one of my major clients has recently transferred all projects to XTM.
Having translated a number of projects on the platform I have been consistently disappointed and frustrated at the slow speed, non-intuitive commands, lack of functionality and features, and general simplicity of the software.
I have taken the decision to inform my clients that I will no longer accept projects on XTM. While I am loathe to lose clients in the current climate, I don't believe this development is a positive one for translators - CAT tools are supposed to make life easier, not harder, and it is a kick in the teeth to purchase software for our own use, develop TMs and TBs, and configure our own shortcuts, to then be forced to used substandard software at the behest of our clients.
I welcomed reading the comments on this thread to confirm that my concerns with the platform are not unique to me, and I encourage translators to inform their clients that the use of this software is counterproductive and demoralising. We are freelancers, not employees.
Collapse

Anton Konashenok
Miranda Drew
Maria Dimitrova
NickyO
Daniela Bosco
i-Translator

Pages in topic:   < [1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11] >

There is no moderator assigned specifically to this forum.
To report site rules violations or get help, please contact site staff »

What is your opinion on XTM Cloud CAT tool?

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »