Transfer my WordFast Pro 5 data to new laptop
Thread poster: kamilruziev1
kamilruziev1
kamilruziev1
Uzbekistan
May 5, 2021

Hi there guys!
I've been using my old laptop for 3 years now, and I have my licenced WFP5 with all my MT, TM, Glossaries etc. data on it. I bought a new laptop, and I don't know how can I transfer all my WFP5 data to the new one, so that I can continue working on my unfinished projects from my new laptop.
Has anyone had a similar experience in the past? Please give me your advice. Thank you!

[Edited at 2021-05-05 01:00 GMT]

Wolfgang Schoene
Wolfgang Schoene  Identity Verified
France
Local time: 11:17
English to German
+ ...
Transfer my WordFast Pro 5 data to new laptop May 5, 2021

kamilruziev1 wrote:

Hi there guys!
I've been using my old laptop for 3 years now, and I have my licenced WFP5 with all my MT, TM, Glossaries etc. data on it. I bought a new laptop, and I don't know how can I transfer all my WFP5 data to the new one, so that I can continue working on my unfinished projects from my new laptop.
Has anyone had a similar experience in the past? Please give me your advice. Thank you!

[Edited at 2021-05-05 01:00 GMT]

Hi
I simply copied all the folders (memories, terminology, projects) to an external SSD and reinstalled WFP6. When using a project again, just change the path to folders.

John Di Rico
John Di Rico  Identity Verified
France
Local time: 11:17
Member (2006)
French to English
See this wiki article May 6, 2021

This article should be helpful: https://www.wordfast.net/wiki/Changing_Machines_in_Wordfast_Pro

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Transfer my WordFast Pro 5 data to new laptop

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »