SOLVED PRIOR TO APPROVAL How do I change end of segment punctuation in Wordfast Anywhere?
Thread poster: timtak
timtak
timtak
Japan
Local time: 04:09
Japanese to English
+ ...
Dec 24, 2017

The Japanese end of segment punctuation is rather limited. I think that there may be a problem with Japanese segments in that they end in Japanese characters which Wordsfast may not accept as delimiters, but I would like to try to add more punctuation to the end of segment punctuation, but I can't find the setup dialogue. I would be grateful for your instructions as to where end of segment punctuation box is at.

I found it by a round about route

Custom Tab > Pandora's
... See more
The Japanese end of segment punctuation is rather limited. I think that there may be a problem with Japanese segments in that they end in Japanese characters which Wordsfast may not accept as delimiters, but I would like to try to add more punctuation to the end of segment punctuation, but I can't find the setup dialogue. I would be grateful for your instructions as to where end of segment punctuation box is at.

I found it by a round about route

Custom Tab > Pandora's Box > Segment Tab

But Japanese punctuation was not accepted (or it did not work). Perhaps I need to do the equivalent of rebooting wordfast classic.

Tim

[Edited at 2017-12-24 09:18 GMT]

[Edited at 2017-12-24 09:26 GMT]
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

SOLVED PRIOR TO APPROVAL How do I change end of segment punctuation in Wordfast Anywhere?

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »