Wordfast Pro v4 - export and import for external review in Word
Thread poster: bartelby
bartelby
bartelby
Local time: 07:27
Jun 15, 2016

In versions 3x of wordfast, it was possible to export a txml file to ms word for bilingual review. Import again with changes to update the txml.

However looking at the interface of wordfast 4, I only find the option to Export to ms word (open file in editor, select 'Get Bilingual Table'. However I do not see how to import a changed bilingual word file back into wordfast to update the txlf.
I have searched the help without success. Is this feature no longer possible in v4?
... See more
In versions 3x of wordfast, it was possible to export a txml file to ms word for bilingual review. Import again with changes to update the txml.

However looking at the interface of wordfast 4, I only find the option to Export to ms word (open file in editor, select 'Get Bilingual Table'. However I do not see how to import a changed bilingual word file back into wordfast to update the txlf.
I have searched the help without success. Is this feature no longer possible in v4?
If so, how can I do that, either file by file or in batch mode for multiple files.

thanks again in advance for any advice
Collapse

John Di Rico
John Di Rico  Identity Verified
France
Member (2006)
French to English
Coming soon Jul 11, 2016

Dear Bartelby,

This will be implemented soon. An important ticket that needed to be done prior to this implementation was just completed. Hopefully, bilingual export for review will be ready by the end of summer.

Kind regards,

John

bartelby
bartelby
TOPIC STARTER
Thank-you John. Jul 12, 2016

Thank-you John.

Lara Dargham
Lara Dargham
France
English to French
+ ...
Import reviewed file in wordfast 5 Nov 22, 2017

Hello,

Has this been implemented in Wordfast 5? I cannot seem to find this function.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Lara

John Di Rico
John Di Rico  Identity Verified
France
Member (2006)
French to English
In Quicktools Nov 23, 2017

Hi Lara,

This is in Quicktools. For details, search for Bilingual Export in the manual (Help tab > Help icon).

Best,
John

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Wordfast Pro v4 - export and import for external review in Word

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »