Pages in topic:   < [1 2]
Please help with my research survey on attitudes towards machine translation (less than 5 mins)
Thread poster: sarahjayne96
Mario Chavez (X)
Mario Chavez (X)  Identity Verified
Local time: 18:08
English to Spanish
+ ...
Ask me again Dec 16, 2017

Chris S wrote:

Mario Chavez wrote:

Lots

May I ask what the title of your PhD is, Mario?

Since sensitive persons on this thread object to my discussing my academic credentials (which I used to support my advice to Sarah) out in the open, can you ask me that question again in private?

Thanks.

Post removed: This post was hidden by a moderator or staff member because it was not in line with site rule
Roni_S
Roni_S  Identity Verified
Slovakia
Local time: 00:08
Slovak to English
@Robert Dec 16, 2017

I was just doing a final check of ProZ before shutting down for the night, just in case there were any new and interesting posts. So glad I did, you've bid me goodnight with a huge chuckle, a guffaw even! Thanks!

Nikolaki
Nikolaki  Identity Verified
France
Local time: 00:08
French to English
Now I could be wrong Dec 16, 2017

… but I think the rhetorical device so masterfully wielded by Robert there is called "uroapheresis".

I wouldn't know whether Borges used it much, but Victor Borge certainly did.

Pages in topic:   < [1 2]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Please help with my research survey on attitudes towards machine translation (less than 5 mins)

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »