Possible SCAM: Scinopharm Translator/Interpreter job (Full-Time/Part-Time) Position
Thread poster: Justine Zhen Zhong
Justine Zhen Zhong
Justine Zhen Zhong
United States
Local time: 01:07
English to Chinese
+ ...
Apr 15, 2020

I'm posting an email that I recently received that looks very much like a scam. ScinoPharm is a legit company. However, instead of using the company's domain which is @scinopharm.com, the email is from [email protected] and the HR's email is a gmail account.

If you've received something similar, please comment below and help confirm the scam.

"Hello (your name),

... See more
I'm posting an email that I recently received that looks very much like a scam. ScinoPharm is a legit company. However, instead of using the company's domain which is @scinopharm.com, the email is from [email protected] and the HR's email is a gmail account.

If you've received something similar, please comment below and help confirm the scam.

"Hello (your name),

After a quick review of your profile on (a platform or association that you're a member of),

I write to present Scinopharm Translator/Interpreter job (Full-Time/Part-Time) Position thus:

SCINOPHARM is a premium provider of advanced, clinical and biomarker data analytics technology. Ariana’s unique technology exhaustively mines data, increasing the success of both clinical trials and multi-parametric diagnostic tools. Our team of biostatisticians, software developers, clinical experts and business developers works hard to save sponsors both time and money.

Hence, we are in search of individuals and companies irrespective of the current business type for a Translator/Interpreter Position.

Responsibilities:
- Read given material and research industry-specific terminology
- Convert text and audio recordings from one language to one or more other languages
- Ensure translated content conveys original meaning and tone
- Prepare subtitles for videos and online presentations
- Cross-reference specialized dictionaries and translation tools to check quality of translation
- Proofread translated texts for grammar, spelling, and punctuation accuracy
- Follow up with internal team members and clients to ensure translation meets their needs
- Edit content with an eye for maintaining its original format (e.g. font and structure)
- Network with field experts to stay current on new translation tools and practices

Requirements
- Proven work experience as a Translator, Interpreter or similar role
- Excellent proofreading skills with the ability to identify grammar, spelling, and punctuation errors
- Good knowledge of Content Editing tools
- Familiarity with Translation Software
- Time Management Skills
- Additional certification in Linguistics is a plus

Job Type: Full-time/Part-time
Hourly Rate: $30 to $40/Hour
Training Rate: $20/Hour

If interested, follow the steps below to schedule your interview session:
Send the below information and Resume to: Mrs Katy Cheng
([email protected])
Name:
Name of Company (Current employer):
Position Held:
Postal Address:
Cell Number:
Interview Scheduled : Mondays - Fridays
Venue: On line Via Google Hangouts
Time : 9:00 AM-5:00 PM CST
Training is Available.
Your verification code is (SPI/AP2020-6054). This would serve as your identification number throughout the on-line hiring process. This is an online work from home and working hours are flexible.
Your swift and timely response matters a lot as this is an immediate hire position... We look forward to having you on the team.

Sincerely yours,
Department of the Employee Representative
Council of ScnioPharm
© 2020 Global ScnioPharm "

scam
Collapse

Sheila Wilson
Sheila Wilson  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 06:07
Member (2007)
English
+ ...
Known scam Apr 15, 2020

Justine Zhen Zhong wrote:

You don't need to have been personally involved. It's been reported on several occasions and there are several threads on the Scam forum here on ProZ.com about it.

Aline Amorim
Maha Ramadan

Mukaddam Irgasheva
Mukaddam Irgasheva
United States
Local time: 01:07
English to Uzbek
+ ...
Scinopharm scam. Human Resource <[email protected]> Nov 20, 2020

I received the same exact email from Scinopharm. And when I replied, this is what I got:

Human Resource
Tue, Nov 17, 3:53 PM (2 days ago)
to me

Hello,

As directed, you are to have your resume sent to me to have you scheduled for an online interview.

Venue: Online Via Google Hangouts

I had an "interview"
... See more
I received the same exact email from Scinopharm. And when I replied, this is what I got:

Human Resource
Tue, Nov 17, 3:53 PM (2 days ago)
to me

Hello,

As directed, you are to have your resume sent to me to have you scheduled for an online interview.

Venue: Online Via Google Hangouts

I had an "interview" where (on Google Hangouts) this Human Resource person asked me a set of 10 questions and offered me a job right away. Promised a new smartphone and a mac laptop "so the company can track our work hours". Even sent me a lousy job offer and a contract to sign. $30 per hour.

Then I googled them. And, I am so glad I did!
Collapse

IrinaN
IrinaN
United States
Local time: 00:07
English to Russian
+ ...
Before my head explodes Nov 20, 2020

Please, please explain how is it possible to believe in it, and what is so special about your profiles that will bring pharma company of this scale from the other hemisphere straight to your front door, begging to join them after just "a quick look"???

There is no moderator assigned specifically to this forum.
To report site rules violations or get help, please contact site staff »

Possible SCAM: Scinopharm Translator/Interpreter job (Full-Time/Part-Time) Position

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »