Thread poster: Guarnieri Fran
Guarnieri Fran
Guarnieri Fran
Italy
Local time: 17:08
Italian to German
+ ...
Oct 2, 2012

I'm an italian student and i'll finish soon my 3 years of translation and interpretation here in Italy. I'm looking for a good Master to do in the US. Which university is the best for both translation and interpretation? And is there a university with these languages: italian, german, spanish and japan?

LEXpert
LEXpert  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 11:08
Member (2008)
Croatian to English
+ ...
MIIS Oct 2, 2012

I can't comment on the quality of any particular program, but MIIS has a solid reputation and looks like it would probably meet your combination requirements:

http://www.miis.edu/

[Edited at 2012-10-02 22:51 GMT]

Daina Jauntirans
Daina Jauntirans  Identity Verified
German to English
+ ...
MIIS Oct 2, 2012

Yes, I would say MIIS. Besides pure translation and T&I degrees, you can get master's degrees in localization and conference interpreting there, programs which I don't believe are offered anywhere else in the United States. It's quite expensive, though, so look into that angle (at least it was back when I attended in the late 1990s!) I can also vouch for the fact that the school's reputation opens doors in this industry.

If you're interested, go ahead and contact the dept. heads the
... See more
Yes, I would say MIIS. Besides pure translation and T&I degrees, you can get master's degrees in localization and conference interpreting there, programs which I don't believe are offered anywhere else in the United States. It's quite expensive, though, so look into that angle (at least it was back when I attended in the late 1990s!) I can also vouch for the fact that the school's reputation opens doors in this industry.

If you're interested, go ahead and contact the dept. heads there. I am sure they will be more than happy to speak to you.
Collapse

Guarnieri Fran
Guarnieri Fran
Italy
Local time: 17:08
Italian to German
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
thank you! Oct 3, 2012

thanks a lot! I'll contact them today!

Daina Jauntirans
Daina Jauntirans  Identity Verified
German to English
+ ...
I should add... Oct 3, 2012

that if MIIS does not suit, you should definitely also check out Kent State. Most of the other programs besides those two are either in the literary field or offer only certificates. There may be some exceptions I don't know about.

There is no moderator assigned specifically to this forum.
To report site rules violations or get help, please contact site staff »

top university for translation and interpretation in the US

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »