Thread poster: sneezle
sneezle
sneezle
Taiwan
Local time: 08:23
English to Chinese
Feb 21, 2016

Hello!

I've been in contact with an Australian company and plan to go back to Australia soon. The company asked me for my subtitling and proof-checking rate per 100 words and I'd like to ask what the average rates are in Australia.

I have years of experience in subtitling at home but the rate is per minute and incomparable since there is some degree of economic disparity between the two countries. I've read through quite a few articles on the subject matter on ProZ but
... See more
Hello!

I've been in contact with an Australian company and plan to go back to Australia soon. The company asked me for my subtitling and proof-checking rate per 100 words and I'd like to ask what the average rates are in Australia.

I have years of experience in subtitling at home but the rate is per minute and incomparable since there is some degree of economic disparity between the two countries. I've read through quite a few articles on the subject matter on ProZ but the rates are mostly per minute and vary greatly. I did find a rate between 20-40 cents per word on an Australian language service website and wonder if it is correct.

I would really appreciate it if anyone with subtitling experience in Australia can advise me. I'm particularly excited about this job opportunity and I wouldn't like to sell myself short or ask for an unfairly high rate. Having a practical idea about the market rates would really help me in opening up a conversation about service rates with the company. Thanks in advance!
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Anna Herbst[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Subtitling / proof-checking rate per 100 words in Australia

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »