Slow segment processing
Thread poster: goodermes (X)
goodermes (X)
goodermes (X)
Finland
Sep 12, 2017

Hello everyone,
I've faced a problem during my latest translation. I translate one huge file (40 000 words) inside a project and at some point Transit started working very slowly. Now it takes about 15 seconds to load the next segment. Terminology window and fuzzy proposals load fast, but Transit is still loading something. I even changed a working laptop, now it's 2.7 GHz, 8 Gb RAM and ssd - still working slowly. I also compacted reference material. Still no difference.

I am
... See more
Hello everyone,
I've faced a problem during my latest translation. I translate one huge file (40 000 words) inside a project and at some point Transit started working very slowly. Now it takes about 15 seconds to load the next segment. Terminology window and fuzzy proposals load fast, but Transit is still loading something. I even changed a working laptop, now it's 2.7 GHz, 8 Gb RAM and ssd - still working slowly. I also compacted reference material. Still no difference.

I am sure many of you faced such situations. What optimisation steps can I take to make this software work faster?

The sad point - Transit NXT support team doesn't respond to my messages. I feel like paying money for nothing. And not mentioning their user reference books with dozens of mistakes.
Collapse

Levent Akal

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Maya Gorgoshidze[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Slow segment processing

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »