How to display only the segments that contain certain words?
Thread poster: Clarisa Moraña
Clarisa Moraña
Clarisa Moraña  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 13:12
Member (2002)
English to Spanish
+ ...
Sep 11, 2017

Dear Colleagues

I'm working in Transit NXT, and I would like to apply a filter to display only segments containing certain words in the source text. How can I do that?

Many thanks

Clarisa

Karen_E
Karen_E
United Kingdom
Local time: 18:12
Use the Find window Sep 12, 2017

If you have one of the more recent service packs of Transit NXT (i.e. from about service pack 7 onwards, I think), you can do this using the Find window. Just put in the word you want to search for, and then press the Filter button, which is just below "Find next". Make sure that your cursor is in the source window, though, otherwise the filter will be applied to the target, which is where your cursor normally is.

If you have an older version, you could either download and install t
... See more
If you have one of the more recent service packs of Transit NXT (i.e. from about service pack 7 onwards, I think), you can do this using the Find window. Just put in the word you want to search for, and then press the Filter button, which is just below "Find next". Make sure that your cursor is in the source window, though, otherwise the filter will be applied to the target, which is where your cursor normally is.

If you have an older version, you could either download and install the latest service pack (SP9 - this is preferable so you get the benefit of any other additions) or you could make use of the more in-depth filters on the View ribbon:
View > Create > Segment content > Enter your word here and press "Apply filter".

Whichever you use, you can then also use the "Synchronise view" option on the View ribbon to just see the target segments which correspond to the filter you have set on the source window. I.e. if you filter in the source and see only segments 6 and 9, you can then press "Synchronise view" to just see those segments in the target too.
When you're done, press "Switch off" to reset to the standard view (you'll need to do this twice, once for the source and once for the target, if you filtered on both windows).

Hope that helps!

[Edited at 2017-09-12 07:06 GMT]

[Edited at 2017-09-12 07:08 GMT]
Collapse

Clarisa Moraña
Clarisa Moraña  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 13:12
Member (2002)
English to Spanish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
View, create filter! Sep 12, 2017

Dear Karen

I appreciate your help. It worked!
I had forgotten the filter creation option, that's why I could not select the needed segments!

Clarisa

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Maya Gorgoshidze[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

How to display only the segments that contain certain words?

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »