Transit XV - system folder (I think) problems
Thread poster: Matej Klimes
Matej Klimes
Matej Klimes  Identity Verified
Local time: 08:25
Czech to English
+ ...
Jan 4, 2016

Hi all, hope there still are some Transit XV users out there..

I never updated to NXT because I don't like the UI, but my problem may be analogical to what happens with Transit NXT.

I have recently upgraded to Win 10 (from Win7) and installed Transit XV and my backup data the same way I always have since Win XP... i.e. installed the program and then copied the content of the Program files/Transit XV folder to the new Program files (x86) folder..

I also hav
... See more
Hi all, hope there still are some Transit XV users out there..

I never updated to NXT because I don't like the UI, but my problem may be analogical to what happens with Transit NXT.

I have recently upgraded to Win 10 (from Win7) and installed Transit XV and my backup data the same way I always have since Win XP... i.e. installed the program and then copied the content of the Program files/Transit XV folder to the new Program files (x86) folder..

I also have a "virtual" Transit XV folder under C/users/"my user name"/Appdata/local/virtual store/program files(x86)/Transit XV where .prj files and project folders for newly created projects are being saved..

I might have messed something by copying config and projects folders back and forth between those two locations, because older projects wouldn't open before restoring project folder path...

Now when I create a new project, it is saved in the virtual location, but then when I make a change to a language pair and go to save it, Transit says error writing to file (target languge file)..

I am going to re-install Transit again and pay extra attention to user and system folder settings, hope that helps, but does anyone know what works best for these settings (i.e. specify a system folder outside of program files, make sure the username is identical to that in the last instalation etc?)

Thanks for any pointers
Collapse

Christiane Boehm (X)
Christiane Boehm (X)  Identity Verified
Germany
French to German
+ ...
Did you find a solution? Jul 25, 2016

Hi Matej,

normally I work with Transit NXT, but some of my colleagues still prefer to work with XVT and therefore I also still use it.
I wondered if you succeeded to get XV running properly with Wondows 10? How did you do it?

Thank you for your help!

CafeTran Training (X)
CafeTran Training (X)
Netherlands
You can make Transit NXT look like Transit XV Jul 25, 2016

Matej Klimes wrote:

I never updated to NXT because I don't like the UI

Do you think it's too crowded? The UI does contain a lot of useful info, but it's indeed overwhelming. It's possible to configure NXT so that it looks more or less like XV (rather more than less). In my opinion STAR should have provided such a UI configuration.

If you're interested, I can share my UI config files.

CafeTran Training (X)
CafeTran Training (X)
Netherlands
NXT offers so much more Jul 25, 2016

Christiane Boehm wrote:

Hi Matej,

normally I work with Transit NXT, but some of my colleagues still prefer to work with XVT and therefore I also still use it.
I wondered if you succeeded to get XV running properly with Wondows 10? How did you do it?

Thank you for your help!

NXT offers so much more. So I'd not advise to invest any time in setting up XV.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Maya Gorgoshidze[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Transit XV - system folder (I think) problems

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »