Yiftah Hellerman-Carmel
Yiftah Hellerman-Carmel  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 18:45
Member (2005)
German to Hebrew
+ ...
Oct 21, 2015

I have recently reinstalled Windows. I backed up the projects directory externally, and now I wish to recover the projects, so that they will show in Transit as usual. I copied all the projects from the backup to the new projects directory, but Transit does not recognize them. When I click Open in Projects tab I cannot see them in the list, nor can I browse for them.

How can I import them again into Transit NXT?

Thanks

2nl (X)
2nl (X)  Identity Verified
Netherlands
PRJ project definition files? Oct 21, 2015

You didn't copy the PRJ project definition files, by any chance, did you? These contain the links to the folders/files.

However, even if you don't have them, you can still use the restored project folders as reference projects.

Yiftah Hellerman-Carmel
Yiftah Hellerman-Carmel  Identity Verified
Germany
Member (2005)
German to Hebrew
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Luckily I did back up the PRJ Oct 21, 2015

2nl wrote:

You didn't copy the PRJ project definition files, by any chance, did you? These contain the links to the folders/files.

Thank you 2nl. I restored the PRJ files and now I have my projects again.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Maya Gorgoshidze[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Recovering projects from backup Transit NXT

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »