Ata Arif
Ata Arif  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 06:35
Kurdish to English
+ ...
Mar 17, 2021

Hi All
I am not new to Studio or OneDrive! So, please do not reply if you do not have good knowledge about the issue.
I have been using them seamlessly for many years and my previous versions of Studio did not have this issue.
I use a PC and a laptop and previously when I closed SDL Trados on one machine and obviously waited for the syncing to finish and started with the other machine the project showed exactly where I was with no issues.
now after a PC format and reinst
... See more
Hi All
I am not new to Studio or OneDrive! So, please do not reply if you do not have good knowledge about the issue.
I have been using them seamlessly for many years and my previous versions of Studio did not have this issue.
I use a PC and a laptop and previously when I closed SDL Trados on one machine and obviously waited for the syncing to finish and started with the other machine the project showed exactly where I was with no issues.
now after a PC format and reinstalling Studio, I have this issue and tried everything I could find but with no result, so I wanted to try here too.
the issue is that Studio cannot find the TM and TB on the second machine and gives an error message that the TM cannot be found … and gives the address of OneDrive folder on the other machine as the location starting with C:\users\****\OneDrive …
clink ok to find the TM or cancel …
when you click OK and find the TM in the OneDrive folder it makes it as if it is only on that machine and next time on the other machine you have to follow the same procedure.
Knowing that OneDrive synchronizes all files properly between the 2 machines.
I have contacted OneDrive support and they could not find anything to help from their end.
I have contacted SDL support they say it is an issue with file-sharing solution (OneDrive, Google Drive, DropBox, etc. …)
Which I am not happy with the answer and this issue did not exist in Studio 2015, 2017, and 2018 and I have been suing studio and One drive since 2008.
Sorry for this very lengthy question.
I forgot to mention that the cloud does not allow you to add TM and TB and I hate monthly subscriptions while I already paid a lot for Studio over years and always upgraded.

[Edited at 2021-03-17 18:23 GMT]
Collapse

Thomas Faust

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

SDL Trados Studio cannot find TM and TB paths in OneDrive

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »