Thread poster: Dra. Carla Vorsatz (X)
Dra. Carla Vorsatz (X)
Dra. Carla Vorsatz (X)
Brazil
Local time: 09:15
English to Portuguese
+ ...
Mar 16, 2021

Hello. I have tried to launch my Studio 2021 and insert 2 new projects. It took forever for the program to launch, which is weird. I made the whole project set up but, although I can see SDL Language Cloud is active in the project, it is working neither for the English > Portuguese project nor for the Spanish > Portuguese project. I've tried to log out from the SDL account (and log in again), but the buttons are frozen, just can't do it. I was surprised to see that my version now has turned to 3... See more
Hello. I have tried to launch my Studio 2021 and insert 2 new projects. It took forever for the program to launch, which is weird. I made the whole project set up but, although I can see SDL Language Cloud is active in the project, it is working neither for the English > Portuguese project nor for the Spanish > Portuguese project. I've tried to log out from the SDL account (and log in again), but the buttons are frozen, just can't do it. I was surprised to see that my version now has turned to 32 bits when I have a 64 bits system, and the anterior version was compatible. The CAT Tool just stopped working altogether and I cannot access my account. Any help is welcome. Thank you.Collapse

Nuria Morales
Nuria Morales  Identity Verified
Local time: 13:15
Member (2009)
English to Spanish
+ ...
Today, in my side, goes and back at any moment. Mar 16, 2021

Today, in my side, goes and back at any moment.

Sandra & Kenneth Grossman
Sandra & Kenneth Grossman  Identity Verified
Israel
Local time: 14:15
French to English
+ ...
? Mar 16, 2021

Hi Carla,
Your post is very unclear.
1. Are you working in the Cloud? Why?
2. My desktop version works just fine (as Trados goes).
3. Have you tried restarting your system? Sometimes this helps.
4. Why do you need to log into your account to work on your desktop?
Your version "has not turned to 32 bits". It has always been 32 bits.

Try restarting your computer.
HTH,
Sandra

expressisverbis

Dra. Carla Vorsatz (X)
Dra. Carla Vorsatz (X)
Brazil
English to Portuguese
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thank you for you help Mar 16, 2021

Sandra & Kenneth Grossman wrote:

Hi Carla,

- Hello Sandra

Your post is very unclear.

- I am sorry for that, please accept my apologies.

1. Are you working in the Cloud? Why?

- No I am not, I am working in my own computer.

2. My desktop version works just fine (as Trados goes).

- I am glad to hear it.

3. Have you tried restarting your system? Sometimes this helps.

- This was the first thing I did, unfortunately, it did not make any difference.

4. Why do you need to log into your account to work on your desktop?

- In order to have access to the Language Cloud

Your version "has not turned to 32 bits". It has always been 32 bits.

- I may be wrong, but I am pretty sure to have downloaded a 64 bits in the last upgrade when I had the option.

Try restarting your computer.

- Please, see answer #3.

HTH,
Sandra

- Thank you for you time and interest. Have a nice day.

expressisverbis
expressisverbis
Portugal
Local time: 12:15
Member (2015)
English to Portuguese
+ ...
SDL Language Cloud Mar 16, 2021

is a cloud-based solution for access machine intelligence, which means you are using Machine Translation in your "projects", or should I say "packages"?
You can always perform a repair, but I would suggest you to contact SDL staff for support.
You might consider to take a look at this to
... See more
is a cloud-based solution for access machine intelligence, which means you are using Machine Translation in your "projects", or should I say "packages"?
You can always perform a repair, but I would suggest you to contact SDL staff for support.
You might consider to take a look at this too:
https://www.proz.com/forum/sdl_trados_support/345431-opening_project_lists_and_projects_is_extremely_slow_in_sdl_trados_studio_2019.html
https://community.sdl.com/product-groups/translationproductivity/f/studio/30987/sdl-trados-studio-2021-start-up-process-takes-very-long
And good luck!

[Edited at 2021-03-16 14:51 GMT]
Collapse

Zibow Retailleau
P.L.F. Persio

Post removed: This post was hidden by a moderator or staff member because it was not in line with site rule
Dra. Carla Vorsatz (X)
Dra. Carla Vorsatz (X)
Brazil
English to Portuguese
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks Mar 16, 2021

Thank you for your help!

expressisverbis wrote:

https://www.proz.com/forum/sdl_trados_support/345431-opening_project_lists_and_projects_is_extremely_slow_in_sdl_trados_studio_2019.html
https://community.sdl.com/product-groups/translationproductivity/f/studio/30987/sdl-trados-studio-2021-start-up-process-takes-very-long
And good luck!

expressisverbis
expressisverbis
Portugal
Local time: 12:15
Member (2015)
English to Portuguese
+ ...
Possible cause: migration of SDL Language Cloud caused instability Mar 18, 2021

I see one of your last comments was deleted by moderators.

However, I would like to share with you this notification from SDL Support I received today:

'Dear Customer,

Over the weekend of 13th and 14th of March 2021, we migrated the Language Cloud platform to a new data center, with the aim to improve the Language Cloud platform.
The migration went as planned and the platform is now faster than before.
However, following the upgrade we observe
... See more
I see one of your last comments was deleted by moderators.

However, I would like to share with you this notification from SDL Support I received today:

'Dear Customer,

Over the weekend of 13th and 14th of March 2021, we migrated the Language Cloud platform to a new data center, with the aim to improve the Language Cloud platform.
The migration went as planned and the platform is now faster than before.
However, following the upgrade we observed instability of the platform on Monday 15th and Tuesday 16th March.
The root cause was related to configuration under increased traffic in the new data center, which had not occurred during our testing before the migration.
We have since worked around the clock to ensure the root cause is resolved and to ensure the stability of the platform going forward.
We would like to sincerely apologize for any inconvenience caused.
Should you encounter any further issues, please do not hesitate to contact our support team at https://gateway.sdl.com
Thank you for your support.'

I think this was the possible cause of your problem and that's why I was saying to you before that it would be better to contact their support. In general, they are very helpful.

I hope everything is working fine now!

[Edited at 2021-03-18 15:29 GMT]
Collapse

P.L.F. Persio
Zibow Retailleau

Dra. Carla Vorsatz (X)
Dra. Carla Vorsatz (X)
Brazil
English to Portuguese
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thank you Mar 18, 2021

[Edited at 2021-03-18 19:44 GMT]

Post removed: This post was hidden by a moderator or staff member because it was not in line with site rule
Dra. Carla Vorsatz (X)
Dra. Carla Vorsatz (X)
Brazil
English to Portuguese
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Mar 18, 2021

[Edited at 2021-03-18 19:43 GMT]

Post removed: This post was hidden by a moderator or staff member for the following reason: Empty post
Dra. Carla Vorsatz (X)
Dra. Carla Vorsatz (X)
Brazil
English to Portuguese
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thank you Mar 18, 2021

expressisverbis wrote:

And good luck!

Pages in topic:   [1 2] >

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

After the weekend maintenance Studio 2021 just does not work anymore

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »