TagEditor & Excel "No matching filder definition found"/"failed to retriece tag toolbar setting...
Thread poster: Riikka Hase
Riikka Hase
Riikka Hase
Germany
Local time: 20:42
English to Finnish
+ ...
Dec 8, 2006

Working with Trados 6.5 Freelance and Office 2003 /WinXP

Hello!

I have been working on a xls.ttx file on TagEditor (my Trados 6.5 is a freelance version) and repetitively received the message "No matching filter definition found". When I saved the bilingual file and tried to return to my work, the file could not be opened and I received the message
"failed to retrieve tag toolbar setting for plugin file format: No matching filter definition found".... See more
Working with Trados 6.5 Freelance and Office 2003 /WinXP

Hello!

I have been working on a xls.ttx file on TagEditor (my Trados 6.5 is a freelance version) and repetitively received the message "No matching filter definition found". When I saved the bilingual file and tried to return to my work, the file could not be opened and I received the message
"failed to retrieve tag toolbar setting for plugin file format: No matching filter definition found".

I have tried anything and everything I can think of and have searched the databases repeatedly... I tried doing things suggested but to no avail... or partly my technically challenged linguist brain just melted trying to figure out what I was supposed to do.

Is it me or is there nothing I can do?

Thankyou in advance!
Collapse

Carlos Montilla
Carlos Montilla
Member (2004)
English to Spanish
+ ...
Trouble Dec 9, 2006

Hi,

Only last week I got a xls.ttx file to translate and I got the same message every time I opened the file and every time I came accross a fuzzy match.

The next day, I could not even open the file...

I was using Trados 6.5 and the ttx file was created with Trados 7.0.

I upgraded to Trados 7.0 and problem solved.

There was no way I could solve the problem using Trados 6.5 and could not find any solutions to your problem nor here n
... See more
Hi,

Only last week I got a xls.ttx file to translate and I got the same message every time I opened the file and every time I came accross a fuzzy match.

The next day, I could not even open the file...

I was using Trados 6.5 and the ttx file was created with Trados 7.0.

I upgraded to Trados 7.0 and problem solved.

There was no way I could solve the problem using Trados 6.5 and could not find any solutions to your problem nor here nor in the Internet.

Hope this helps,
Carlos
Collapse

Jerzy Czopik
Jerzy Czopik  Identity Verified
Germany
Member (2003)
Polish to German
+ ...
This may be caused by Office 2003 Dec 9, 2006

I´m not sure, if Trados 6.5 supports (fully) Office 2003.
You have the possibility though to translate an Excel 2003 sheet as XML.
The description of this process may be found in Article 551 on SDL Trados Suport Site (if the link does not wor
... See more
The description of this process may be found in Article 551 on SDL Trados Suport Site (if the link does not work, look at http://sdl.custhelp.com for "How to translate Excel 2003 documents as XML spreadsheets in TagEditor").
Apart from upgrading to SDL Trados 2006 this should help you to solve your problem.

Regards
Jerzy

PS
The link above seems to be broken for unknown reason, because when I click the same link from the email it works. Sor here it is again, maybe you just need to copy it into your browser: http://sdl.custhelp.com/cgi-bin/sdl.cfg/php/enduser/std_adp.php?p_faqid=551

[Edited at 2006-12-09 10:11]
Collapse

Riikka Hase
Riikka Hase
Germany
English to Finnish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
temporary solution Dec 9, 2006

No matter what I did, there was nothing to solve the situation for me either.
In the end I was able to import the original Excel-file into TagEditor and so far have had no trouble with the new file.

Upgrade seems necessary as soon as the outstanding invoices are paid

Riikka Hase
Riikka Hase
Germany
English to Finnish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thankyou Dec 9, 2006

Jerzy Czopik wrote:

The description of this process may be found in Article 551 on SDL Trados Suport Site (if the link does not work, look at http://sdl.custhelp.com for "How to translate Excel 2003 documents as XML spreadsheets in TagEditor").
Apart from upgrading to SDL Trados 2006 this should help you to solve your problem.

Regards
Jerzy

PS
The link above seems to be broken for unknown reason, because when I click the same link from the email it works. Sor here it is again, maybe you just need to copy it into your browser: http://sdl.custhelp.com/cgi-bin/sdl.cfg/php/enduser/std_adp.php?p_faqid=551

[Edited at 2006-12-09 10:11]

Thankyou, Jerzy!
That did help and I'll be able to deliver on time.

I will upgrade as soon as possible (I just love tax...)

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

TagEditor & Excel "No matching filder definition found"/"failed to retriece tag toolbar setting...

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »