JW Narins  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 01:56
Member (2015)
Russian to English
+ ...
May 10, 2016

Hello!
I'm translating a book in Trados. I often want to export for bilingual review JUST one chapter, just one section, and not the entire book, which is... large.
Can that be done?

Ben Senior
Ben Senior  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 06:56
German to English
Split the docment? May 10, 2016

Is it possible to split your original document into smaller documents consisting of one chapter. You could have all of the documents in one project and do a virtual merge so when you are translating it appears to be a single document. You could then select a single document and export it for bilingual review.
At the end you just need to merge the documents back into a single document. It works well for me.

Ben

Hans Geluk
Hans Geluk  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 06:56
Member (2013)
Spanish to Dutch
+ ...
Partial review option still needed! Oct 19, 2017

I work with Studio 2017 and I often need this since I work on large projects that I can't split myself. So I can only send the job to my proofreader when I'm ready, which increases the turnaround time.

My workaround is to send review documents at several points of the project and then rebuild the final review document with the partial documents. But it gets messy very easily and you have to be very careful not to make the slightest mistake because then you will not be able to use th
... See more
I work with Studio 2017 and I often need this since I work on large projects that I can't split myself. So I can only send the job to my proofreader when I'm ready, which increases the turnaround time.

My workaround is to send review documents at several points of the project and then rebuild the final review document with the partial documents. But it gets messy very easily and you have to be very careful not to make the slightest mistake because then you will not be able to use the final review document. Imagine copying all changes manually in a job of 20.000 segments!!!

So, I think this is an improvement that should be given a bit of thought for the next release or for a review app. For example, on the "Export for Bilingual Review" tab, it would be quite easy imo to add an option "Export from segment xxx to segment xxx."
Collapse

Terence Jeal
Jason Paris

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Export PARTIAL bilingual text for review

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »