Pages in topic:   < [1 2 3 4 5 6] >
Announcement - part 2 - option to show client "willing to work again" entries in your profile (beta)
Thread poster: Henry Dotterer
Alicia Casal
Alicia Casal  Identity Verified
Argentina
Local time: 06:47
English to Spanish
+ ...
Where is Justin? Jul 10, 2006

Just hope he s still in Buenos Aires!!

Can i wait to make a choice , to take a time to understand all this?

I m in the middle of a huge project at the moment.

Alicia

Vito Smolej
Vito Smolej
Germany
Local time: 10:47
Member (2004)
English to Slovenian
+ ...
SITE LOCALIZER
"WWA feature was trampled by the majority" Jul 10, 2006

... of the one side, and that was (part of the) the translators' guild .

There's the other side as well, and that's the go-betweens. If we want to the third, ultimate side of it all, and that's the customer, to have the best and most out of it, then it is time to get the second side involved as a natural, necessary etc partner in ProZ.

Welcome, partners!

regards

Vito

German Services
German Services
Local time: 04:47
English to German
+ ...
Call me lazy Jul 10, 2006

Call me lazy, call me busy, but I don't have the time to read all these posts and I don't understand most of the lingo.

If I check the box in my profile "I opt to not publicly show feedback I have received", can I still make entries in the Blue Board?

mediamatrix (X)
mediamatrix (X)
Spanish to English
+ ...
Correction ... Jul 10, 2006

Henry wrote:

(3) The purpose of that survey (...) only on the opinions of those active in the thread (...)

Should read:

Only the opinions of Platinum Members who were active in the thread, excluding other users (i.e. potential Platinum Members) and people who were participating (or trying to) in threads in other languages.

MediaMatrix

Henry Dotterer
Henry Dotterer
Local time: 05:47
SITE FOUNDER
TOPIC STARTER
Answer to German Services Jul 10, 2006

German Services wrote:

Call me lazy, call me busy, but I don't have the time to read all these posts and I don't understand most of the lingo.

If I check the box in my profile "I opt to not publicly show feedback I have received", can I still make entries in the Blue Board?

Yes, you can check that and continue to make entries in the Blue Board.

Henry Dotterer
Henry Dotterer
SITE FOUNDER
TOPIC STARTER
Right, mediametrix Jul 10, 2006

mediamatrix wrote:
Henry wrote:

(3) The purpose of that survey (...) only on the opinions of those active in the thread (...)

Should read:

Only the opinions of Platinum Members who were active in the thread, excluding other users (i.e. potential Platinum Members) and people who were participating (or trying to) in threads in other languages.

Right, it was a members-only poll. (Whereas the current one is not.)

Henry Dotterer
Henry Dotterer
SITE FOUNDER
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks, Alicia Jul 10, 2006

Alicia Casal wrote:

Yes, no hurry. If you do nothing now, you will not be affected, ie. no WWA box will appear in your profile, and no one will make entries for you.

Good luck with the project.

Charlie Bavington
Charlie Bavington  Identity Verified
Local time: 09:47
French to English
Couple of technical points Jul 10, 2006

Unless I'm much mistaken:

a) it's not possible to resize the window that shows the "WWA list" for an individual (i.e. the list of people who have given a WWA for that individual). I clicked on Konstantin, who has 8 entries, and you can't see them all at once, you have to scroll.

b) if you click on one of those individuals to display their profile, the only way to get back to the list is to right-click somewhere on the page and select "Back". Some other form of navigatio
... See more
Unless I'm much mistaken:

a) it's not possible to resize the window that shows the "WWA list" for an individual (i.e. the list of people who have given a WWA for that individual). I clicked on Konstantin, who has 8 entries, and you can't see them all at once, you have to scroll.

b) if you click on one of those individuals to display their profile, the only way to get back to the list is to right-click somewhere on the page and select "Back". Some other form of navigation would be nice, I think. And, of course, the profile page for these individuals also appears in the same, non-resizeable, window. It makes viewing that profile a bit messy, IMHO.
Collapse

Henry Dotterer
Henry Dotterer
SITE FOUNDER
TOPIC STARTER
You're right, Vito! Jul 10, 2006

Vito Smolej wrote:

... of the one side, and that was (part of the) the translators' guild .

There's the other side as well, and that's the go-betweens. If we want to the third, ultimate side of it all, and that's the customer, to have the best and most out of it, then it is time to get the second side involved as a natural, necessary etc partner in ProZ.

Welcome, partners!

True, Vito. It would be great to have outsourcers in on the conversation.

PRen (X)
PRen (X)  Identity Verified
French to English
+ ...
Isn't that a contradiction? Jul 10, 2006

Henry wrote:

Gerard de Noord wrote:
There seems to be a small glitch in the WWA part of Adam Burman's profile (http://www.proz.com/profile/128124).

His profile states one favourable comment but his WWA record already shows two favourable comments.

Thanks, Gerard. Quoting the FAQ:

In Adam's case, one of those who made an entry is not an outsourcer, but a colleague. I will instruct Justin to present the entries in such a way that the correspondence between aggregate data and actual entries is clearer.

Regards,
Henry

But I thought that only outsourcers who have paid the translator for a translation could make entries. Or do you mean that the colleague in question paid Adam to do a translation? If "colleagues" who have collaborated on translations but not directly paid the translator to do a translation are allowed to post feedback....well, doesn't that negate the original intent - to help outsourcers weed through the dreck and pick a competent translator? What about revisors? If a translator has paid someone to revise their work, can the revisor comment on it, or does that conflict with the WWA aspect?

Henry Dotterer
Henry Dotterer
SITE FOUNDER
TOPIC STARTER
Clarification for Paula Jul 10, 2006

Paula Rennie wrote:
But I thought that only outsourcers who have paid the translator for a translation could make entries. Or do you mean that the colleague in question paid Adam to do a translation? If "colleagues" who have collaborated on translations but not directly paid the translator to do a translation are allowed to post feedback....well, doesn't that negate the original intent - to help outsourcers weed through the dreck and pick a competent translator? What about revisors? If a translator has paid someone to revise their work, can the revisor comment on it, or does that conflict with the WWA aspect?

One of the things we decided to remove for now is the option to make entries as a colleague.

Just trying to simplify for the trial period.

Aurora Humarán (X)
Aurora Humarán (X)  Identity Verified
Argentina
English to Spanish
+ ...
hola Jul 10, 2006

Henry wrote:

We want to know the opinions of the community in general and will run further surveys. In fact, here is one now. (All site users are invited to complete this brief survey.)

Hi!

I have just completed the survey, but after clicking on the SUBMIT button, nothing happens, as if was stuck. I am not sure if my replies will reach you as no indication that the survey was properly completed was given.

Thank you.

Au

Alicia Casal
Alicia Casal  Identity Verified
Argentina
English to Spanish
+ ...
To Henry Jul 10, 2006

Henry wrote:

Alicia Casal wrote:

Yes, no hurry. If you do nothing now, you will not be affected, ie. no WWA box will appear in your profile, and no one will make entries for you.

Good luck with the project.

I already have "something" on my profile.
In any case, I ll take care of it later.

Gracias!!

Uldis Liepkalns
Uldis Liepkalns  Identity Verified
Latvia
Local time: 11:47
Member (2003)
English to Latvian
+ ...
Yes, I do something to hide Jul 10, 2006

and that is the names of my good clients. It OK with me if Staff and/or moderators see them, but I absolutely want the entries to be anonymous to the whole World. I (and I guess none of us) want our best customers to be contacted by competitors: "we can do the same for you, but 30% cheaper"...

Philippe Boucry wrote:

I'm still not in favour of this new feature. I still think that it serves the interests of outsourcers more than it does those of service providers (who don't have anything to hide, unlike what the moderator from Latvia, I think, seems to think).

To Alicia Casal:
I already have "something" on my profile.
In any case, I ll take care of it later.

The best I try, I cannot see anything related to WWA on your profile...

Uldis

Zsanett Rozendaal-Pandur
Zsanett Rozendaal-Pandur  Identity Verified
Hungary
Local time: 10:47
Dutch to Hungarian
+ ...
Notifying the members Jul 10, 2006

Hi,

I think WWA is a good idea - I also see a clear difference between WWA and PH. I, for one, often do smaller assignments for the same agencies - I wouldn't put those projects in the PH, because they're too small individually, but this way I can try to get an overall feedback about my work, which is good.

One thing about making this whole feature public: perhaps it's because I've been busy this past week, but I haven't noticed this whole business, and still wouldn't h
... See more
Hi,

I think WWA is a good idea - I also see a clear difference between WWA and PH. I, for one, often do smaller assignments for the same agencies - I wouldn't put those projects in the PH, because they're too small individually, but this way I can try to get an overall feedback about my work, which is good.

One thing about making this whole feature public: perhaps it's because I've been busy this past week, but I haven't noticed this whole business, and still wouldn't have if it weren't for Gerard who put a notification on the Dutch forum (thanks, Gerard). Has it been featured on the main page - do enough users know about it?

Well, one happy customer here, thank you for your efforts
Collapse

Pages in topic:   < [1 2 3 4 5 6] >

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Announcement - part 2 - option to show client "willing to work again" entries in your profile (beta)

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »