Thread poster: Jason Grimes
Maria Hoskins
Maria Hoskins  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 16:17
Member (2011)
Spanish to English
Invoicing tool Nov 6, 2015

Just to say I've been using the invoicing tool ever since I started working as a translator, four years ago, and I would like ask ProZ to continue to support it.

Lúcia Lopes
Lúcia Lopes  Identity Verified
Brazil
Local time: 12:17
French to Portuguese
+ ...
Canceling invoices Nov 27, 2015

Jason Grimes wrote:

I'm currently working on some updates to the ProZ.com invoicing tool.

A lot of suggestions have been made for improving the invoicing tool, in forum discussions (ex. here and here), support requests, and in the "ideas" page. I'll be implementing a few of them in the coming weeks.

If there's an improvement you'd particularly like to see, please make sure to vote for it in the "ideas" page (reachable by clicking "ideas" at the top right of the main ProZ.com menu). Additional discussion is also welcome below.

Thanks,

Jason

Dear Jason, something went wrong with the first invoice I ever sent, today. It appears with a due data previous than invoice data, as if the invoice had not been paid in due time. Due time is 45 d.d. invoice, which means 10th January 2016. Is there a way to correct ou cancel it? Thank you!

María Diehn
María Diehn  Identity Verified
United States
English to Spanish
+ ...
I shared this template for quoting: "ESTIMATE This is not an invoice" Dec 9, 2015

Having a template for estimates with the same structure as the invoice would be very useful. I have used one that I created, based on the basic English invoice template, and I just shared it. It would be good if Jason would add to the placeholders' list those items that contain the word "estimate" instead of the word "invoice."

I give the estimate the number available for the next invoice, and add the word "estimate." If the task is assigned to me, I will use the corresponding invoi
... See more
Having a template for estimates with the same structure as the invoice would be very useful. I have used one that I created, based on the basic English invoice template, and I just shared it. It would be good if Jason would add to the placeholders' list those items that contain the word "estimate" instead of the word "invoice."

I give the estimate the number available for the next invoice, and add the word "estimate." If the task is assigned to me, I will use the corresponding invoice number. If not, I delete the estimate and free the invoice number.
Collapse

Phoenix III
Phoenix III  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 11:17
Spanish to English
+ ...
I suggest making the Dashboard the Homepage for Invoices. Jan 10, 2016

Jason Grimes wrote:

I'm currently working on some updates to the ProZ.com invoicing tool.

A lot of suggestions have been made for improving the invoicing tool, in forum discussions (ex. here and here), support requests, and in the "ideas" page. I'll be implementing a few of them in the coming weeks.

If there's an improvement you'd particularly like to see, please make sure to vote for it in the "ideas" page (reachable by clicking "ideas" at the top right of the main ProZ.com menu). Additional discussion is also welcome below.

Thanks,

Jason

1)However, below that the real Dashboard opens up "This page highlights invoices that might need your attention." Which is always the relevant page.

2)Also, on the receivables page, is there a way to display only the last 12 months (not the fiscal year). I know that a certain customer will not pay me and I don't want to see what I consider a loss, forever being displayed as a painful reminder.

3) Can a choice of days or months be made available to the pending invoices? (If I want to see how much is due/past due per calendar month).

I have tried my best to enter these in Ideas unsuccessfully.

Many thanks.

[Edited at 2016-01-10 15:05 GMT]

Marcos Romano
Marcos Romano  Identity Verified
Mexico
Local time: 09:17
Member (2006)
German to Spanish
+ ...
Problems with the invoice number Jan 18, 2016

Hi Jason, can you please help? I tried to set the automatic numbering system of my invoices to 1 at the beginnig of the year and ended up with the number 1145 (145 was the number of the last invoice from 2015). Then I tried to set it to 1 again, and it was not possible, it keeps generating invoices from 1145 on... Is there another way to indicate the sistem that the last used invoice was 1, or 2, so that it generates the correct numbers?

Thanks for your help in advance and kind rega
... See more
Hi Jason, can you please help? I tried to set the automatic numbering system of my invoices to 1 at the beginnig of the year and ended up with the number 1145 (145 was the number of the last invoice from 2015). Then I tried to set it to 1 again, and it was not possible, it keeps generating invoices from 1145 on... Is there another way to indicate the sistem that the last used invoice was 1, or 2, so that it generates the correct numbers?

Thanks for your help in advance and kind regards from Mexico.

Marcos Romano
Collapse

Maria Kopnitsky
Maria Kopnitsky  Identity Verified
United States
Spanish to English
+ ...
Changing due date and deleting invoices Jan 19, 2016

Lúcia Lopes wrote:

Dear Jason, something went wrong with the first invoice I ever sent, today. It appears with a due data previous than invoice data, as if the invoice had not been paid in due time. Due time is 45 d.d. invoice, which means 10th January 2016. Is there a way to correct ou cancel it? Thank you!

Hello Lúcia,

My apologies for the very late reply here. You can change the due date in an invoice by going to the invoice page itself, click "Edit", enter a new date in the "Due date" section, and click "Save".

Invoices can be cancelled by going to the Invoices tab - https://www.proz.com/invoice?sp_mode=invoices - checking the box for that invoice in the column furthest to the left, and click on the "Delete" button.

I hope this helps, but please let me know if you have any other questions.

Best regards,

Maria

Maria Kopnitsky
United States
Spanish to English
+ ...
Editing auto-increment from the "Invoice settings" section Jan 19, 2016

Marcos Romano wrote:

Thanks for your help in advance and kind regards from Mexico.

Marcos Romano

Hi Marcos,

I see from your support request on this subject that you were successfully able to edit the auto-increment of your invoice numbers. The option to do this can be found in the "Invoice settings" section of the "Settings" tab.

Hope this helps!

Maria

Alejandro Cavalitto
Alejandro Cavalitto  Identity Verified
Argentina
Member (2008)
English to Spanish
+ ...
UPDATE: it is now possible to request an invoice receipt confirmation Jan 22, 2016

Hello,

Requesting confirmation of receipt of invoices is supported as of today. When sending an invoice, if you tick the checkbox labeled "Request delivery confirmation / read receipt", the email message containing your invoice will be configured to request a "read receipt". If the recipient's email program supports it, and if the recipient allows it, a notification will be sent to you when the recipient reads your invoice message. The notification will be sent to you at the "from"
... See more
Hello,

Requesting confirmation of receipt of invoices is supported as of today. When sending an invoice, if you tick the checkbox labeled "Request delivery confirmation / read receipt", the email message containing your invoice will be configured to request a "read receipt". If the recipient's email program supports it, and if the recipient allows it, a notification will be sent to you when the recipient reads your invoice message. The notification will be sent to you at the "from" address configured for the invoice message.

Please let me know if you have any question. Thank you.

Best regards,
Alejandro
Collapse

Oliver Pekelharing
Oliver Pekelharing  Identity Verified
Netherlands
Local time: 16:17
Dutch to English
Invoicing tool bug Mar 7, 2016

Has anyone else noticed that the invoicing tool has gone buggy? When I create a new invoice I can't use all the dropdown menus and the invoice amounts don't add up at all! Plus I get an error message that I haven't selected a customer even though have.

Olly

Maria Kopnitsky
United States
Spanish to English
+ ...
Problem should now be resolved Mar 7, 2016

Hello Olly,

Thanks for reporting this.

Development staff have looked into this issue and have taken steps to resolve it. Please try accessing the invoicing tool again and letting me know how it goes.

Best regards,

Maria

Phoenix III
Phoenix III  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 11:17
Spanish to English
+ ...
Multiple Invoices in different pages Mar 14, 2016

I have a client that pays me multiple Invoices under one check. There were 3 open Invoices and I kept being paid all but those scattered Invoices. After almost a year of insisting on a clear answer, the information came back that I had already been paid. What seems to happen is that I click on the invoices being paid BUT when I search for an invoice on a DIFFERENT page, somehow all of the previously checked invoices are cleared. Thus, only the last checked invoices are shown as paid. Is there a ... See more
I have a client that pays me multiple Invoices under one check. There were 3 open Invoices and I kept being paid all but those scattered Invoices. After almost a year of insisting on a clear answer, the information came back that I had already been paid. What seems to happen is that I click on the invoices being paid BUT when I search for an invoice on a DIFFERENT page, somehow all of the previously checked invoices are cleared. Thus, only the last checked invoices are shown as paid. Is there a way to avoid this from happening? We should be able to mark invoices being paid all at once and not on page by page basis.

Thanks,
Collapse

Paula Durrosier
Paula Durrosier  Identity Verified
Argentina
English to Spanish
+ ...
Thanks for the suggestion! Mar 16, 2016

Hello Phoenix III,

I'm afraid that the option to check multiple invoices in different pages is not available at the moment. However, I have added it to our list of ideas and suggestions for site improvement. Thanks for your contribution!

Please let me know if you have further questions.

Best regards,

Paula

Iulian Muresan
Iulian Muresan  Identity Verified
Romania
Local time: 17:17
Member (2003)
English to Romanian
+ ...
Export to PDF gives me a corrupt file 0 bytes Mar 22, 2016

Hi,

It's all in the title. Can anyone help with this?

Paula Durrosier
Paula Durrosier  Identity Verified
Argentina
English to Spanish
+ ...
Thanks for reporting this issue Mar 22, 2016

Hi iMuresan,

Thank you for reporting this.

We are aware of this issue and we are already checking it to have it fixed as soon as possible.

I appreciate your patience.

Best regards,

Paula

Iulian Muresan
Iulian Muresan  Identity Verified
Romania
Local time: 17:17
Member (2003)
English to Romanian
+ ...
Problem solved. Mar 23, 2016

Thank you!

Pages in topic:   < [1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9] >

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Improvements to the invoicing tool

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »