Pages in topic:   < [1 2 3]
Entries in the qualification round can be "ruled out", a few more adjustments are on the way
Thread poster: Jared Tabor
Erik Freitag
Erik Freitag  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 22:14
Member (2006)
Dutch to German
+ ...
Average rating counts Sep 25, 2014

Dear Anochko,

It's the average rating that counts, hence:

Anochko wrote:

(3+4+5)/3 = 4

HTH,
Erik

Vanessa Di Stefano
Vanessa Di Stefano  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 21:14
Member (2014)
Italian to English
Star system of voting Sep 27, 2014

Jared Tabor wrote:

Ratings for "Quality of writing" and "Accuracy of translation" are what determine which entries move forward in the contest, and which entries are ruled out during the qualification round. These ratings are on a scale of 1-5, and appear next to an entry like this:

Likes and dislikes on an entry (the red and green tags) do not determine whether an entry moves forward or is ruled out.

Thanks Elizabeth for pointing that out, and to Jared for confirming it, though I can't see any star system on the entries on my screen, so I'm not sure what's going on there. Anyway, if true, then that seems a bit more of a traditional way to judge it, so fair enough.

Rachel Fell
Rachel Fell  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 21:14
French to English
+ ...
No can I Sep 27, 2014

I can't see the stars either.

FrancoisP (X)
FrancoisP (X)
France
English to French
+ ...
Too late Sep 27, 2014

Rachel Fell wrote:

I can't see the stars either.

The qualification round deadline has been reached, so you can't rate entries anymore.

Claudia Cherici
Claudia Cherici  Identity Verified
Italy
Member (2010)
English to Italian
+ ...
seeing the stars Oct 8, 2014

Jared
you must be aware of this, but the rating window is not visible if you use, for example, a slightly out of date version of Explorer.
This is what happened to me on one of my PCs and I guess it happened to many others, judging from their entries here above

Pages in topic:   < [1 2 3]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Lucia Leszinsky[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Entries in the qualification round can be "ruled out", a few more adjustments are on the way

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »