Pages in topic:   [1 2] >
When does the next translation contest start?
Thread poster: Diana Arancibia
Diana Arancibia
Diana Arancibia  Identity Verified
Local time: 13:09
English to Spanish
+ ...
Feb 17, 2010

Dear Lucía,
Sorry to bother you, but I want to know when the next contest will be. It is fun to take part in them, although I may not win.
Thanks for your time,
Diana.

[Subject edited by staff or moderator 2010-02-19 13:27 GMT]

Lucia Leszinsky
Lucia Leszinsky
SITE STAFF
There is no set date for next contest yet Feb 19, 2010

Hello Diana,

No bother at all! The date for the next contest has not been decided yet as the current contest still has a few pairs that need to be closed and winners announced.

However, I suggest you subscribe to contest notifications so that you keep yourself informed about contests and dates.

Finally, as for winning, everyone has a chance and is invited to participate. Having fun and learning from
... See more
Hello Diana,

No bother at all! The date for the next contest has not been decided yet as the current contest still has a few pairs that need to be closed and winners announced.

However, I suggest you subscribe to contest notifications so that you keep yourself informed about contests and dates.

Finally, as for winning, everyone has a chance and is invited to participate. Having fun and learning from peers feedback is open to all!

Hoping to see you in the next contest...

Have an excellent weekend!

Kind regards,

Lucia
Collapse

Mario Altare
Mario Altare
Local time: 17:09
Russian to Italian
+ ...
When does the next translation contest start? Jun 6, 2010

No news yet?

Samuel Murray
Samuel Murray  Identity Verified
Netherlands
Member (2006)
English to Afrikaans
+ ...
Seems to me... Jun 6, 2010

Mario Altare wrote:
No news yet?

Seems to me that the next contest will never happen, because some language pairs have an insufficient number of votes and they will never get closed off.

Mario Altare
Mario Altare
Russian to Italian
+ ...
When does the next translation contest start? Jun 6, 2010

Samuel Murray wrote:

Mario Altare wrote:
No news yet?

Seems to me that the next contest will never happen, because some language pairs have an insufficient number of votes and they will never get closed off.

It's a pity.

lidija68
lidija68  Identity Verified
Italy
Italian to Serbian
+ ...
translation contest Jun 7, 2010

Why is it not possible to close a contest after a reasonable (long) period of time without woting? You can also close KudoZ if you don’t get an answer. There should be a time period long enough (6 months? A year?) and after that it should be possible to close contest without winner. As mentioned above in some language combinations there are not enough people willing to vote.

(Perhaps ProZ members could be invited (e-mail?) to vote in order to close the contest. If you a
... See more
Why is it not possible to close a contest after a reasonable (long) period of time without woting? You can also close KudoZ if you don’t get an answer. There should be a time period long enough (6 months? A year?) and after that it should be possible to close contest without winner. As mentioned above in some language combinations there are not enough people willing to vote.

(Perhaps ProZ members could be invited (e-mail?) to vote in order to close the contest. If you are invited it’s more likely that you ‘ll accept to vote. )
Collapse

Iwona Szymaniak
Iwona Szymaniak  Identity Verified
Poland
English to Polish
+ ...
SITE LOCALIZER
Invitation Jun 7, 2010

ProZ members have been invited to vote. I received such an invitation to vote in the ES-PL pair some time ago but unfortunately I have not found a single good translation in this pair so I did not bother to vote. All translations in this pair were equally poor. I believe I stated it where appropriate. May be not.
I didn't want to spend my time checking those translations, either.

Mario Altare
Mario Altare
Russian to Italian
+ ...
Finals rounds Jun 9, 2010

I have seen there are some finals rounds in which no more additional voters are needed (i.e. English-Albanese, Russian-Italian, Spanish-Polish, etc.). Why were not the winners announced yet in these pairs, since there are enough entries and voters?

inkweaver
inkweaver  Identity Verified
Germany
French to German
+ ...
Agree Sep 24, 2010

lidija68 wrote:

I think a wait of 6 months should be more than enough. But the last contest took place about a year ago and some languages still don't have enough votes and probably never will. I understand that this will be somewhat disappointing for the people who made the effort to take part, but still I don't think everyone should be forced to wait for an incalculable length of time.

patyjs
patyjs  Identity Verified
Mexico
Local time: 10:09
Spanish to English
+ ...
It's disappointing Sep 24, 2010

that the contest has been left to fizzle out without any official word on it for months.

Come on, guys, is there any hope at all for a contest this year?

cc in nyc
cc in nyc  Identity Verified
Local time: 12:09
French to English
What up? May 15, 2011

Is this the usual state of affairs?

Trang Le (X)
Trang Le (X)  Identity Verified
Local time: 23:09
English to Vietnamese
Look forward to the next contest Mar 4, 2012

I hope that the next contest will kick off very soon. Any heads up?

Ali Alsaqqa
Ali Alsaqqa  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 12:09
English to Arabic
It's a pity. Jun 30, 2012

We are almost in July 2012 and nothing new yet !!

Sian Cooper
Sian Cooper  Identity Verified
France
French to English
+ ...
In memoriam
Really hoping for a 2012 contest! Aug 29, 2012

Any comments, ProZ team?

Thanks!

Manuela Dal Castello
Manuela Dal Castello  Identity Verified
Italy
English to Italian
+ ...
I believe Sep 2, 2012

I believe the philosophy is "no news, good news". Good for whom, I don't know.

Pages in topic:   [1 2] >

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Lucia Leszinsky[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

When does the next translation contest start?

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »