Reply to "[ProZ.com mail]" offers without disclosing email address
Thread poster: Mirko Mainardi
Mirko Mainardi
Mirko Mainardi  Identity Verified
Italy
Local time: 10:37
English to Italian
Dec 22, 2017

As per subject, I would like to have an option to reply to "[ProZ.com mail]" without necessarily having to disclose my personal email address, but rather through ProZ (e.g. "[email protected]").

This would be useful (to me, at least) when I wish to decline an offer specifically directed at me, explaining why I am not willing to work on a specific project/for a specific outsourcer, without letting them have my email address (mainly in order to minimize spam/scam, etc.).
<
... See more
As per subject, I would like to have an option to reply to "[ProZ.com mail]" without necessarily having to disclose my personal email address, but rather through ProZ (e.g. "[email protected]").

This would be useful (to me, at least) when I wish to decline an offer specifically directed at me, explaining why I am not willing to work on a specific project/for a specific outsourcer, without letting them have my email address (mainly in order to minimize spam/scam, etc.).

In the end, this is something ProZ is already doing (i.e. allow users to send emails to our addresses without disclosing them) and it would be particularly useful when 'the author is not a registered ProZ.com user or was not logged in when sending this message' (which means you can't even use the built-in ProZ messaging system, which is not ideal anyway).
Collapse

sdvplatt

Morano El-Kholy
Morano El-Kholy  Identity Verified
Egypt
Local time: 11:37
Member (2011)
English to Arabic
+ ...
Agree with you... Dec 22, 2017

Yes, me too. I'd like to have this option. Several times, I wished to have this vital option mainly for the same reasons as detailed by Mirko.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Reply to "[ProZ.com mail]" offers without disclosing email address

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »