Dina_1982
Dina_1982
Local time: 11:09
English to Arabic
+ ...
Apr 18, 2018

Hello there,

I hope someone can help me with this...

I translated a Marriage Statement for a friend and it was submitted to a government department. My friend brought to my attention that I had made a typo in writing the marriage date and this has caused some discrepancy in his paper work.

I was asked by him to supply a corrected version of the translation in addition to a cover letter explaining my error, so that he can resubmit both documents to t
... See more
Hello there,

I hope someone can help me with this...

I translated a Marriage Statement for a friend and it was submitted to a government department. My friend brought to my attention that I had made a typo in writing the marriage date and this has caused some discrepancy in his paper work.

I was asked by him to supply a corrected version of the translation in addition to a cover letter explaining my error, so that he can resubmit both documents to that government department.

Does anyone have any idea what must be written in that "letter of explanation?" And to whom should I address it? Should I just write "to whom it may concern"?

This is the first time I had to face such a situation. I would really appreciate any feedback on this Thank you!
Collapse

Maria Teresa Borges de Almeida
Maria Teresa Borges de Almeida  Identity Verified
Portugal
Local time: 08:09
Member (2007)
English to Portuguese
+ ...
Translation error Apr 19, 2018

It happened to me once, but the department in question (a local authority) didn’t accept the translation, called me pointing out my mistake and asked for a corrected version.

Paulinho Fonseca
Paulinho Fonseca  Identity Verified
Brazil
Local time: 05:09
Member (2011)
English to Portuguese
+ ...
You should contact them and, ... Apr 19, 2018

Teresa Borges wrote:

It happened to me once, but the department in question (a local authority) didn’t accept the translation, called me pointing out my mistake and asked for a corrected version.

...as Teresa mentioned, review document and apply changes to it. This will be a safer action for both sides.

Best.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

What to do if a translation error is discovered after submitting project

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »