Pages in topic:   < [1 2]
Poll: How often do you look at the Visitors tab of your ProZ.com profile?
Thread poster: ProZ.com Staff
Mario Chavez (X)
Mario Chavez (X)  Identity Verified
Local time: 08:41
English to Spanish
+ ...
I had a visitor? How niiiiice! Aug 19, 2012

If I had a visitor who really wanted to talk to me, he or she would have dropped a line or so, or ask for clarification or make an offer.

This seemingly innocuous tab of dubious value reminds me of that email spam that starts with "Do you want to know who unfriended you on Facebook?"

Tania McConaghy
Tania McConaghy  Identity Verified
Sweden
Local time: 13:41
Member (2009)
Swedish to English
+ ...
Outsourcers Aug 19, 2012

I don't have a huge amount of traffic to my profile.
I am mostly interested in any outsourcers visiting my profile - it's great to be able to see how they found me (what text was used in the search engine for example, or what search criteria/category in the directory). I can easily work out whether or not I was offered an assignment by each outsourcer visitor. In cases of my profile being viewed and no job offer resulting I can (with a little imagination) consider tweaking my profile or ad
... See more
I don't have a huge amount of traffic to my profile.
I am mostly interested in any outsourcers visiting my profile - it's great to be able to see how they found me (what text was used in the search engine for example, or what search criteria/category in the directory). I can easily work out whether or not I was offered an assignment by each outsourcer visitor. In cases of my profile being viewed and no job offer resulting I can (with a little imagination) consider tweaking my profile or adding information to make me more interesting to the next customer with similar search criteria.
In reality I don't spend much time doing this, but I see the visitor info as a great resource when updating my profile.
Collapse

Yaotl Altan
Yaotl Altan  Identity Verified
Mexico
Local time: 06:41
Member (2006)
English to Spanish
+ ...
Some tmes a week Aug 19, 2012

It's useful to know some facts about the visitors like their country or wat tabs of our profiles they read. Thus, keywords may be defined to polish a better search and get more clients.

Julian Holmes
Julian Holmes  Identity Verified
Japan
Local time: 21:41
Member (2011)
Japanese to English
Handy feature Aug 20, 2012

I view my Visitors tab from time to time, however, it only offers you an IP address so you can't really tell who is looking at your profile. If the person/client looking is part of a large organization, the IP address will be registered as part of its network or Intranet with its own IP service (hope I'm correct in what I'm saying here) and so you can tell who the other party is e.g. Microsoft, Nokia, etc. This is not the case for smaller operators whose IP address is provided by a servic... See more
I view my Visitors tab from time to time, however, it only offers you an IP address so you can't really tell who is looking at your profile. If the person/client looking is part of a large organization, the IP address will be registered as part of its network or Intranet with its own IP service (hope I'm correct in what I'm saying here) and so you can tell who the other party is e.g. Microsoft, Nokia, etc. This is not the case for smaller operators whose IP address is provided by a service provider and so these people remain anonymous, though you can tell the country of origin.

Anyway, it does show that people are interested in me and my services and how often I get visitors so it proves that my profile is not a complete waste.

@Michael
I do get more visits after I have posted a comment - either silly or serious. I hope I'm not being put in someone's little black book.
Collapse

Helena Chavarria
Helena Chavarria  Identity Verified
Spain
Member (2011)
Spanish to English
+ ...
I can't find the 'List by Visitor' option Feb 9, 2020

Maria Simmen wrote:

Sheila, you can exclude crawler visits by clicking "List by visitor" just below the table. My list gets significantly shorter then, so I guess the crawler visits aren't included in the count anymore...?

In the past 30 days I've had 501 visitors, from places like Delaware, California and China. It would be nice to remove the trawlers to get a better idea of how many real visitors visit my profile.

Tom in London
Tom in London
United Kingdom
Local time: 12:41
Member (2008)
Italian to English
never Feb 9, 2020

How often do you look at the Visitors tab of your ProZ.com profile?"

Never.

Katalin Szilárd
Katalin Szilárd  Identity Verified
Hungary
English to Hungarian
+ ...
It was a great tool... Feb 10, 2020

It was a really great tool... it was worth it to look at ... in the past.
Past: when directories were working normally (settings/implementations were done not against freelance translators' businesses, but for freelance translators to gain more good clients), and when ips were shown in the visitors' tab.

Now it's full of such totally useless data (probably crawlers). See below.
Visitors from directories: almost 0.
Proz Find search: I can see 3 outsourcer interacti
... See more
It was a really great tool... it was worth it to look at ... in the past.
Past: when directories were working normally (settings/implementations were done not against freelance translators' businesses, but for freelance translators to gain more good clients), and when ips were shown in the visitors' tab.

Now it's full of such totally useless data (probably crawlers). See below.
Visitors from directories: almost 0.
Proz Find search: I can see 3 outsourcer interactions still visitors' tab shows 0 visitors from Proz Find..

07:42 Not Logged In New York, United States
08c7a514 Direct Link/Unknown Other 1 N/A Add filter
07:42 Not Logged In Ohio, United States
c9946a05 Direct Link/Unknown KudoZ (answered) 1 N/A Add filter
07:42 Not Logged In California, United States
edd59c8f Direct Link/Unknown Other, Profile 3 07:42 Add filter
07:42 Not Logged In Delaware, United States
c03cb13d Direct Link/Unknown Profile 1 N/A Add filter
07:42 Not Logged In California, United States
e61eb19d Direct Link/Unknown Other 1 N/A Add filter
07:42 Not Logged In United States
456767b9 Direct Link/Unknown KudoZ (answered) 1 N/A Add filter
557b3657 Direct Link/Unknown KudoZ (answered) 1 N/A Add filter
d1fa3dfc Direct Link/Unknown Other 1 N/A Add filter
0567fd40 Direct Link/Unknown KudoZ (answered) 1 N/A Add filter
f56a338b Direct Link/Unknown KudoZ (answered) 1 N/A Add filter
a425c581 Direct Link/Unknown KudoZ (answered) 1 N/A Add filter
3803be05 Direct Link/Unknown KudoZ (answered) 1 N/A Add filter
5c2b6344 Direct Link/Unknown KudoZ (answered) 1 N/A Add filter
07:42 Not Logged In Ohio, United States
3f14d52a Direct Link/Unknown KudoZ (answered) 1 N/A Add filter
597d2bab Direct Link/Unknown KudoZ (answered) 1 N/A Add filter
76681da5 Direct Link/Unknown KudoZ (answered) 1 N/A Add filter
0788dc71 Direct Link/Unknown KudoZ (answered) 1 N/A Add filter
1d62a30a Direct Link/Unknown KudoZ (answered) 1 N/A Add filter

[Edited at 2020-02-12 16:26 GMT]
Collapse

Paul Dixon
Paul Dixon  Identity Verified
Brazil
Local time: 09:41
Portuguese to English
+ ...
Not much use Apr 28, 2020

I have looked at it a couple of times but not much use as there is no information regarding the IP of the visitor, or better still the visitor's name. I would like to know who the visitors are so I can contact them and ask what they want, or at least introduce myself, but the way things stand now this is not possible, which is a shame.

DZiW (X)
DZiW (X)
Ukraine
English to Russian
+ ...
Just fancy 'SEO' numbers. Apr 29, 2020

@Paul, you can't directly contact visitors and ask what they want, but your personal page does introduce you! If it seems not enough to stir someone's interest, the problem is not the visitor counter, yes?

While it may be curious for the seekers and statisticians, without feedback it's more like walking down the street while counting those who looked at you. So what?
On the other hand, occasionally it's better to avoid some contacts.

MollyRose
MollyRose  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 07:41
English to Spanish
+ ...
unless there are 2 ways of viewing Apr 29, 2020

I just clicked on my picture and then where it says "My profile visitors." The only thing that comes up is an ad.

When I discovered a way to view a visitor page (a year or two or three ago?) it didn't give much information as to who it was. So I did not look at it much. But today apparently I don't have that option any more unless I purchase the Plus package. Is that right?

Pages in topic:   < [1 2]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Jared Tabor[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Poll: How often do you look at the Visitors tab of your ProZ.com profile?

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »