Maria Talamas
Maria Talamas  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 23:27
Member (2015)
Spanish to English
+ ...
Oct 4, 2017

Hello, I am an interpreter in the DC area and have been booked for several different appointments at a single health clinic on the same day- almost back to back. I typically jump from one assignment to the other at different locations but never had 5 different appointments at the same location, on the same day, so Im wondering how the two-hour minimum fee would apply, if at all, for the different assignments. I am working through an agency, which pays me per each assignment.Thanks!

[Edit
... See more
Hello, I am an interpreter in the DC area and have been booked for several different appointments at a single health clinic on the same day- almost back to back. I typically jump from one assignment to the other at different locations but never had 5 different appointments at the same location, on the same day, so Im wondering how the two-hour minimum fee would apply, if at all, for the different assignments. I am working through an agency, which pays me per each assignment.Thanks!

[Edited at 2017-10-04 23:18 GMT]
Collapse

Tina Vonhof (X)
Tina Vonhof (X)
Canada
Local time: 21:27
Dutch to English
+ ...
Clarification? Oct 6, 2017

Hi Maria, could you clarify what you mean by '5 different appointments at the same location'? Instinctively I would say that a minimum fee does not apply in this case but it depends. Are there different clients or companies at this location? Or are they different departments of the same organization? Have each of them hired you separately and will they pay you separately? Please give us a little more information.

Maria Talamas
Maria Talamas  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 23:27
Member (2015)
Spanish to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Clarification Oct 6, 2017

Hi, thanks for replying Tina. Sorry I wasn't very clear. I was hired by an agency to interpret at a very large health clinic where there are several doctors assisting different patients. The health clinic is my hiring agency's client and in this particular case I was to interpret for five different doctors during appointments almost one after the other. I am typically paid a two-hour minimum fee for each appointment but since these were at the same location and back- to- back (one after the othe... See more
Hi, thanks for replying Tina. Sorry I wasn't very clear. I was hired by an agency to interpret at a very large health clinic where there are several doctors assisting different patients. The health clinic is my hiring agency's client and in this particular case I was to interpret for five different doctors during appointments almost one after the other. I am typically paid a two-hour minimum fee for each appointment but since these were at the same location and back- to- back (one after the other) I wasn't sure if the two-hour minimum fee applied for each appointment or if I should bill the actual hours I spent at the clinic. I posted this query before hearing back from the agency (just wanted to see what the standard practice was) but they got back to me this afternoon to tell me that I will be paid the two-hour minimum fee for each appointment - meaning that I will be paid for 10 hours although I will actually be there for less than six. It worked well to my favor. Many thanks again for reaching out!Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Two - hour minimum rate

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »