PRICING: LipSync et al
Thread poster: DZiW (X)
DZiW (X)
DZiW (X)
Ukraine
English to Russian
+ ...
Sep 12, 2017

Dear colleagues--I know literature and equi-rhythmic translations could appear very painstaking, so when a friend of mine asked whether an offer to translate (in writing) with lips synchronization for $0.90 per phrase/sentence flat would be ok, I was sure it's rather cheap, yet other colleagues stated otherwise...

How do you think: such a fixed price--$0.90/phrase--is ok for such a task?

Thank you

Thayenga
Thayenga  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 17:10
Member (2009)
English to German
+ ...
2 jobs Sep 15, 2017

Well, actually your friend is being asked to do two jobs. First, do the written translation, and 2. do the synchronization.

Are the 90 cents for both jobs, or only for the translation. If the latter, then 90 cents is well paid. If it's for both jobs, then the price should be much higher because it takes time to accurately synchronize a video.

DZiW (X)
DZiW (X)
Ukraine
English to Russian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Unfortunately, the former Sep 20, 2017

Thank you, I also think so, but as far as others urged her to accept such an offer, she's now struggling with fuzzy matches(!!!) deduction requests, alas. I knew it was about ratty eggs!

Meanwhile, these two jobs should be done simultaneously to make sense, yet what would be the approximate price to go?

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

PRICING: LipSync et al

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »